I've been with someone for a little over 2 months now. Things progressed quickly, going straight from an awkward first couple of dates to feeling like we've known each other forever. Sex happened much quicker than I expected, and happened 2 or 3 times per week. I ask her what she likes most and she said "everything you do feels nice". From the very beginning, I knew she was on antidepressants, which seemed to be working pretty well for her.

Then one week things got busy, but it was nobody's fault. Schedules just got really suddenly cramped beyond our control, so we didn't get much quality time together. By the end of that week, both of us noticed that things didn't feel the same, but I mentioned that it was just simply because of how busy and stressful that week was, and that things would eventually get back to normal.

Emotionally, things did get back to normal, for her anyway. But for me it's been getting increasingly difficult. She says she loves to be around me and says I'm wonderful, but isn't showing it very well. Lately I'm lucky to get anything beyond holding hands or the occasional kiss. Sex is now limited to about once every 2 weeks. Last Saturday morning we woke up together, and I was feeling her up and down. Not very sexually or aggressively, but not prudishly either. She let it go on for almost 10 minutes but eventually told me to stop, because I was being too affectionate. That hit me hard because I wasn't being any more affectionate than I used to be, and she led me on for so long. I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary. This was the first time she seemed to not want any attention of any kind. Because of how little feedback I've been getting from her lately, it really made me feel I was doing something wrong. She could tell I was put off, so we talked about it. When I asked her why she stopped me, she said it was annoying. That's a huge drop from "everything you do feels nice" not too long ago. She says she likes me more than her previous boyfriend in every conceivable way. She finds me physically attractive, and I do more for her sexually than anyone else has. Yet, she admits its difficult to get into it, and isn't used to how affectionate I am. We both concluded that the antidepressants were likely stifling her libido, and that the way she shows affection is a lot more subtle than I'm used to.

Generally, that would've been ok to me. But the overall challenge for me is it *feels* like the relationship is steadily degrading compared to how it was earlier, even though her image of me has only been improving. I'm not in this relationship for the sex; the act itself isn't that important to me. But for me personally, sex and other forms of affection are important on an emotional level. That being said, very suddenly getting cut out almost completely while I fear being annoying is emotionally straining. It also makes me feel inadequate, even though I always put her needs before mine. It makes me not want to try anything anymore, and it's really starting to feel lonely.

You may be thinking "it's only been 2 months, just end it" but that seems like the wrong choice to me. Not because of the emotional investment, but because I think it would be a mistake. I've spent years trying to find someone like this. My last relationship went on for over 5 years and even though I got more than enough affection from her, I never sincerely thought of her as marriage material.

Anyway, dropping the antidepressants is not an option to me and she knows I feel that way. She should not have to sacrifice emotional stability for me. But, I also don't think I have a right to tell her to switch meds, considering how hard it is to find the right combo. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to continuously bring this up with her because I fear it will only make things worse.