+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sex advice in a relationship

Sex advice in a relationship

Hello,

I really need some advice.. I am someone who thinks so much about the little/big things in life. I am a 21 year old male who is in a relationship with a girl age 23. I have been with her for 4 months now. I found out about her sexual past and it's really bugging me. I am a virgin so I have little to no experience with any of this. She had 6 sexual partners before me and this is what she said to me. "I've slept with 6 guys, 2 which were serious relationships" so I asked about them (like do you use protection and all that) and she said "I always wore protection except with my ex of 3 years" "He was allergic to latex but I always got checked for diseases" " I had sex with 3 guys when I was 18-19 because I was naive"

The other 2 were also serious relationships. I looked up online on how I feel about this and I found a few people in my situation.
    It's a feeling like this- I feel that she is used, I feel like she cheated on me but she never did, I will never get to experience the first time with another person who is also a virgin, she is dirty, she might be considered a slut, she lost her innocence.
    I don't want to feel this way and think this way. But I just can't ignore this. I feel like she lost her innocence.

I want someone who has same sexual experience that I do. She is a kind hearted person that is always smiling but she says that sex with guys is no big deal. Its a big deal for me so I am at the state of, should I see other people?
    Should I have sex with her to get it over with? Should I ignore her past even though its really hard? Am I being naive and stupid by making a big deal out of this?

Thank you for your time, It's just that I am really questioning myself.

My name is Jordan by the way

Dump your girlfriend and only date virgins then. If you can't get over her past, then find someone else to be with. You can't change her past; she can't either. So your only options are to either get over it and stop judging her for her past (really, 6 guys isn't that many at her age, but the number of sexual partners she's had in the past is completely irrelevant, as long as she hasn't slept with anyone since she's been dating you.) OR, dump her and find someone else with the same sexual history as you.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

It's a different day and age we live in these days. She's not wrong, she's not a "slut", and there is absolutely nothing wrong with her if she's had 6 partners in the past. If that is what she wanted at the time, then that is/was for her to decide. It is not fair to fault somebody for their past.

....HOWEVER....

It is also not wrong of you if that is not what you are looking for. If you want somebody who is a virgin, or at least less experienced, as your first time, then that does NOT make you wrong. However, what would make you wrong is to judge her or treat her poorly because of her past. If her past/attitude towards sex is not what you feel is right for you, then maybe it would be best for you two to part ways. Again, this isn't small potatoes we are talking about here. Sex (and/or beliefs on sexuality) shouldn't be THE MOST important aspect of a relationship.... but it IS important. If you two do not match up sexually, then that likely means you are not the right match.

So, again, if this just doesn't work for you based on her past, then that doesn't make you wrong. You have your beliefs/feelings on the matter and you have a right to have them. Just realize that she is not wrong just because maybe she doesn't share the same beliefs/feelings. So, MAYBE it would mean you two are not compatible, but just remember that you are not to blame for that and neither is she.