Dear all,

Me and my ex had a great relationship. Always supportive and with respect. Due to the distance in between we mostly spoke each other via Skype daily. 3 Months ago she told me it the missing was to hard and she started to feel different as she was building a wall to protect herself from the distance situation. 2 Months ago she ended the relationship. I respected her decision and closed it off. Since then we had no contact.

Last she wrote to thank me that I made her a better person. More patient and understanding. That she's grateful that I came into her life and left her these gifts. I replied to thank her for thanking her for everything that relationship gave us and to tell her that it was her who found that patience and understanding within herself. So a thank you from both sides of what we had.

Right after she wrote me again telling how her life looks like right now and asking where and how I am. I didn't reply because we agreed to focus on our own lives again. I still feel like keeping that promise but on the other hand it feels wrong to leave her in silence. Someone who has experience in this? What's your advice?

Thanks!
D.