+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm really unsure on this...

I'm really unsure on this...

Hi, guys, can you help me with this? There's a girl that I always pass by at work that I kinda like. Normally, this would end as nothing more as part of my work, but I saw the same girl at an anime convention...the same one I was staffing at! I was able to say hi and take a picture with her, and we've been kinda buddies since then. I even get her phone number. Then, three months pass without me ever seeing her, for various reasons.

Now, after all that time, I decided (i honestly don't know what I was thinking at the time) to call her and ask if we could hang out. She said she was hanging out with a friend at a theme park tomorrow, and that we could meet there. I said sure, and here I am. I'm a little confused though...I pretty much like this girl, and I want to get to know her. But i feel weird just coming out of the blue and approaching her like this. I feel I should be more polite than buddy-buddy around her (it took a while for her to remember me when I called her), because we never really got to know each other when we met up a while back. When I called to make sure, I kept on worrying on the phone, asking if it was okay and I wasn't rude in joining her friend tomorrow. I don't know what kind of attitude to bring tomorrow, honestly. All I know is that I don't want to mess this up, because this is someone I am definitely interested in getting to know better, and someone I could possibly have a relationship with...any advice?

I think she should get to know her as a friend a bit and see if she dating anyone. How old are you. Its good you are making a step in the right direction you are meeting her friends and thats important. Make a good impress and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikauri
    Hi, guys, can you help me with this? There's a girl that I always pass by at work that I kinda like. Normally, this would end as nothing more as part of my work, but I saw the same girl at an anime convention...the same one I was staffing at! I was able to say hi and take a picture with her, and we've been kinda buddies since then. I even get her phone number. Then, three months pass without me ever seeing her, for various reasons.

Now, after all that time, I decided (i honestly don't know what I was thinking at the time) to call her and ask if we could hang out. She said she was hanging out with a friend at a theme park tomorrow, and that we could meet there. I said sure, and here I am. I'm a little confused though...I pretty much like this girl, and I want to get to know her. But i feel weird just coming out of the blue and approaching her like this. I feel I should be more polite than buddy-buddy around her (it took a while for her to remember me when I called her), because we never really got to know each other when we met up a while back. When I called to make sure, I kept on worrying on the phone, asking if it was okay and I wasn't rude in joining her friend tomorrow. I don't know what kind of attitude to bring tomorrow, honestly. All I know is that I don't want to mess this up, because this is someone I am definitely interested in getting to know better, and someone I could possibly have a relationship with...any advice?

Tone Guest
    Nothing to feel "weird" about, how else are you gonna get to know her if you don't ask her to hang out?

Just chill, go with the flow, be yourself, etc.

wow...i didn't expect responses so soon! I'm so relieved. Thanks guys.

to sami09, we're both in college right now (i think she's a freshman, i'm barely a sophomore). I know I'm taking a step in the right direction...it's just that once I'm there with the girl, I sort of lose it and I tend to clam up. When I met her at the anime convention, I was working with people I was totally relaxed, so I was really happy and kinda talkative when i met her there. Now though...I can still do the happy-person act, but I want to show her that I do have a quiet side, and that if she's going to get to know me, I want that part to be something she'll accept.

Maybe I"m going to fast? We haven't even hung out yet.

Sorry for the annoying questions...I"m like a little kid when it comes to dating and relationships...
    Last edited by Hikauri; 08-10-05 at 12:23 AM.

Oh stop, please
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I was able to say hi and take a picture with her
    Hmmm....maybe if we saw a picture of her we could help you out better...

Tone Guest
    hahaha Lloyd..

Hikauri - try to just think of it as what it is. She's just another human being, same as you, that you are interested in getting to know. Don't let your mind jump to the panic "OMG what if she is the ONE, what if I say the right things we will be married and have two kids and live happily ever after!" Just focus on the here and now, don't think about "I want to have a relationship with her" etc etc, just that she's a person you want to get to know more.

Don't be so worried about pretending to be someone you're not either, so you don't have to wonder "How should I act around her??" Act how you would any other time, let go and be yourself. Cause if you're anyone BUT yourself then how is that going to work out? You wouldn't want someone falling for you, when you're not even being you... does that make sense?

Hmmm, Lloyd may be onto something
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

that makes total sense tone, wow, thanks...

Lloyd: very funny, lol. Maybe I will show a picture of her to you, if this turns into something more.

that makes total sense tone, wow, thanks...

Lloyd: very funny, lol. Maybe I will show a picture of her to you, if this turns into something more.
    Hmmmm.....if you don't show us the picture, me thinks she's ugly and you're too embarassed to show us

I bet she is Ugly. You're so right

Why you diggin the ugly girl dude?

Tone Guest
    Rosebud, forget goin to school - we get free psychology lessons here on LF!

hey, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", right?

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    I bet she is Ugly. You're so right

Why you diggin the ugly girl dude?
    Ha-ha!

"Hikauri and Ugly Girl sittin in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G..."

Yea, but you're girl is exceptionally ugly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast