View Poll Results: Does he like me?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes he does like you

4 100.00%
  • No he only likes you as a friend

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he like me? (College students)

Does he like me? (College students)

I'm a freshman in college and I recently met this guy (J) in one of my classes and he's super nice and friendly to everyone. I invited him to eat with me and my friend on Friday but he was already back in his dorm 20 min away but he walked all the way back. And He chose to sit with me and my friend even though he said his best friends were eating there. He always sits next to me too when we're in a group. He also invited me and my friend to his dorm bc I complained about how I much I missed eating rice and he has a rice cooker. He found out about my bday and he really wanted to celebrate it with me so he planned this whole dinner thing. And he always walks with me instead of together with my friend who ended up walking in front of us.

I was frustrated bc I got a question wrong in class and he leaned over my friend who sat in the middle of us and patted my leg and said it'll be okay. Then during lunch he gave me his headphones and made me listen to a song and I guess it looked like we were flirting bc a friend raised his eyebrow. He ended up walking me all the way to my class even into the building and asked if I was free last night but we did not end up hanging out for some reason...

I thought he liked another girl who he met before me because he hung out with her a lot. However last night my roomie went out to eat with her boyfriend and J joined them. My roomie asked J if he likes anyone and he said he does not. Then my roomie's boyfriend said "well I might as well go out with -insert my name- then." J proceeds to ask why everyone thinks that (but didn't deny it?)

I'm so confused, does he like me? He hasn't initiated contact today yet. I don't know what to do because i feel so awkward knowing that people think we're a thing now when he probably does not have feelings for me

He could just be a nice guy, which would explain the friendly gestures. Has he asked you out on a date? In my experience, if a guy actually likes you, he will ask you out and try to spend time with you one on one. However, maybe he is just shy and isn't sure how to initiate that with you... although the details you've given seem to contradict that. Maybe try getting to know him a bit better. Ask him out for coffee or something low key, so there's no pressure.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Girl you want some action you have to take action, like heavy flirting, touching him all the time, look into his eyes, smile a lot, dress sexy for him, make hints about being his GF, etc.....ya gotta pour it on or nothing will happen.

- - - Updated - - -

As a rule: Guys don't put effort into a girl he has no interest in.

We can't confidently, for sure say yes or no. We can't really know that for sure. However, based on the evidence you provide, "Yes" was my vote. Based on the things you've shared (especially moments where he has made physical contact) I would assume he is interested in you. Of course, there is always the possibility that he's just a friendly guy. Some people are just more open/friendly and more touchy/feely than others. So, that could be a possibility, but it still sounds more to me like there probably is some interest.

Just the fact that he hasn't asked you out, or that he denies being interested in anybody, doesn't necessarily mean he's not interested in you. He could just be really shy. I know because I AM. So, if I were him and actually DID like you, I probably still wouldn't have asked you out either. I'd also probably say the same sort of thing if anybody actually asked me directly if I liked you. Even if inside my head I was screaming "YES! I'm so trying to get up the nerve to ask her out" I would say to somebody asking me that something like "I mean, I hadn't really thought of it. She's really cool though. Why do you ask?"

So, not specifically saying "No, I'm not interested in her" but also not saying "Yes, I am." Sounds a lot like his response to the folks who mentioned asked him. He didn't say yes, but he didn't say no either. Hopefully he'll ask you out and just resolve your doubt.... but honestly, if he doesn't feel free just to ask him out. Maybe he's just shy and that will help get the ball rolling. Even if it turns out he's not interested, at least then you would know. Believe me, it is better to know than to let yourself remain stuck wondering "what if."

Good luck!

Do you like him? If so then why don't you make the move to say so and ask him out instead of waiting around wondering if he likes you or not and if you guys could have any potential. If he isn't attempting to further it, why can't you try and if he isn't interested then you can find another guy who is more into you and hang out with him.