+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could you ever like a boyish girl?

Could you ever like a boyish girl?

Could you as a boy ever find interest in a girl with short hair, dressed as a boy?

I was in your shoes when I was 13....I have to say no guy was ever interested in me until I grew my hair long, plucked my eye brows, wore makeup and dressed sexy (tight jeans and tshirt, wore heels). I wasn't a girlie girl, I was a tomboy. If you have a very cute face and sexy eyes, you can get away with short hair. The only boy that would be interested in a boy looking girl would possibly be a bi-sexual boy.

Are you transgender?

I could definitely. I really don't think something like how someone presents themselves dictates if I like that person/if I'd want to be in a relationship with them.
    But also, I think its funny how hazey brought up "the only boy that would be interested in a boy looking girl would possibly be a bisexual boy" because I'm bisexual, I don't think thats true though. There are so many different types of people with different preferences, its not unlikely that a completely straight guy would be into a girl who presents more masculinely.

dude...seriously how can you really know how a straight guy feels when you are not one yourself. lol

99.9% of guys like a girl to look like a girl. If the OP wants to increase her chances of getting a bf she needs to make changes (like I have discovered myself) to appeal to the masses. all it got me , looking like a boy, was being picked on, and my sexuality questioned....all very negative.

It's a no brainer, the feminine girls get all of the attention.

Okay, seriously how can you really know what bi guys feel when you're not one yourself? lol
    I'm one guy, I count for me, I represent me, not any other bi guy in the world. Just me, so that being said, yea I don't mind if a girl looks more masculine, but not every bi guy you meet will think that way. Just like not every straight guy you meet thinks "girls must be feminine". I wasn't saying all straight guys want a girl who presents more masculinely, I was saying not everyone is opposed to the idea of dating a girl who isn't 100% feminine.
    Personally, I believe as long as OP is comfortable with how they present, they don't need to change themselves to find a guy willing to date them.
    Take me, for example. I'm a bi trans guy, just last year I thought I'd never find a guy who would want to date me because I wouldn't be "man enough" for gay guys (or even "man enough" for straight girls), but here I am in a relationship with a man who fully accepts me for who I am and sees me 100% as the man I am. I didn't have to change myself for him, and neither does OP for their future boyfriend(s).

tl;dr: OP asked if guys don't mind masculine girls; me, a guy, said he didn't mind. OP also doesn't have to change to find a guy willing to date them, because (apparently this is a real shocker) not all guys want the same type of girl. :/

I'd like to say I wouldn't, but then again it depends. You can potentially get away with it, but most guys, me included, prefer girls to be girly.

Short hair, sure but why is she dressed as a boy? Explain but that wouldn't be any kind of selling point for me -- not interested in dating something who dresses like me at all.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

everyone loves a girl feminine

No, not me. Nothing against it but I do automatically question if that is the true genuine person there or a product of unacknowledged conditioning of some kind. How many layers are there I wonder. It's the same with a super hot feminine women- are they really a person or just compensating in some way. I think long term baby! Don't want a 7 layer burrito!
    Hope this helps!

Need to see a picture to tell. Long hair is cool and feminine but short hair can look good too sometimes.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

A lot of boys likes boyish girls.....

There is a category called tomboi or tomboy.....

My personal preferation is long hair.....i find it more feminine.
    But if the girl is highly feminine ....and has a pretty face, nothing can stop men.....

My opinion is the following.
    Dress, makeup style your hair the way you makes you feel as sexy as possible.
    And if you feel good about yourself with short hair, keep it that way.

Becouse female beauty comes from inside. Its true. If you feel sexy, than you are attractive.
    Its a fact. Trust me.

Its the same as confidence in men.

+1 Sonx on the inner beauty. But still even if her confidence is there and she is true to herself I would be not be attracted, because a boyish girl is extremely likely to be more dominant. And I am not submissive enough to want that. But I praise confidence in a woman being true to herself, it's a turn on in a spiritual sense.

Being a tomboy is a personality trait not necessarily a look. Boyish could mean looking butch.

Quote Originally Posted by alovetolean View Post
    +1 Sonx on the inner beauty. But still even if her confidence is there and she is true to herself I would be not be attracted, because a boyish girl is extremely likely to be more dominant. And I am not submissive enough to want that. But I praise confidence in a woman being true to herself, it's a turn on in a spiritual sense.

Sorry Teamawkward......the whole thread is pointless.
    None of us know, what you are like. And if we would, it wouldnt matter, we are strangers on the web. Maybe Im 8 years old.

Go out and talk to boys, and you will find out who is interested.
    We talk about nothing here....I assume you are talking about yourself.
    But you cant get an affirmation here about yourself. If you would post a photo of you, people would rate it..
    but we dont have the right to qualify you. Its pointless.

By the way, there are boys who like boyish girls. Im sure.
    But Im afraid you just hate yourself for not growing up as fast as other girls.
    And you are still 16! Of course you are insecure!
    I can imagine, you arent that boyish as you think.

Find your own style, beautify yourself. Dress. Make up. Do sports, eat healthy, etc.
    Maybe 1 or 2 years passes and all your problems gonna get solved.
    If you are skinny, eat more. And eat fat, it helps you to get more feminine.
    Breast tissues are made of fats as well....

The most important point is you need to learn to love yourself and truly get convinced you are deserved to be loved.
    Puberty is hard, deal with it...but its going to pass.

trust me.

I know it's a weird but I kinda dig boyish girls/tomboys >.>I mean personally I have a preference for tomboys. I can't tell you why I particularly like them, I guess I'm just more open?