The situation we are in is quite frustrating as he lives more than 3 hours away from me, so we don’t get to spend time with each other very often. We are therefore nothing serious but we are both exploring the potential. To be honest I think that Im deeper in than he is. The other day we actually had a conversation where he told me that he sees all the potential and has feelings just not enough to take the next step yet, which I completely respect. I don’t want to push anything as I really enjoy his presence in my life. We speak everyday and he is the first person I share something with and Vice versa. Because we have grown so tight and there is a romantic side to it I am in a bit of a conflict as to whether I should take him with on a trip.

My parents recently said that they want to go on a trip abroad, seeing that I still live with them I am privileged enough to be able to go along and take someone with. Now in any other circumstances I would have taken a friend, but now I really want to take him. My parents really adore him and we have the most amazing times in the world together doing literally anything, so something like this would be fantastic.

Thing is I am aware that it can go either one of two ways, it could be something that takes the relationship to a next level or it could be the worst idea ever. I am scared I propose the idea to him and he thinks “WOAH just slow down, were not even dating yet”, even though I really just want to take him along because I think we would have such a great time. I also don’t want it to put any pressure on him to rush or take any steps he otherwise wouldn’t, but there is obviously a chance that I fall for him really hard and come back with a broken heart.

Whats your thoughts, do I take the, you only live once approach and go and have an amazing trip, with the risk of getting hurt, but nevertheless having fantastic time or do I stay cautious and give the relationship some time. Its only in December so I have some time. I can also here what his thoughts is on the idea as we are very open and honest with each other?