+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I just want to help my girlfriend-what am I doing wrong? *Screenshots attached*

I just want to help my girlfriend-what am I doing wrong? *Screenshots attached*

All I want to do is be there for my girlfriend - what am I doing wrong? Screenshots attachedRelationships

submitted just now * by mygirl510

A little background information: My girlfriend (she is 26/f I am 25/m) has become increasingly unhappy with her job. She went to college and has a B/A in communications. She wants to get into hospitality-and her dream job is to be a wedding planner. Currently she works as an "administrative assistant" at a conference center.

Over the last several months she has become increasingly unhappy with her job and her position in life for that matter. She is not making much money and is not passionate in the least about what she does-in fact she hates it. To make matters worse, I (knock on wood) am younger than her and have a solid career. I recently got laid off from one job but within a week had four offers and accepted one for more money than the position I got laid off from.

I have tried to search for job listings for her to apply to (which apparently was overstepping some boundary according to her), encouraged her to talk to me about the situation, etc. and she just...shuts down. Of course I respect her privacy. But we have talked about getting married-this is the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with (we've even gone together for her to try on wedding rings). Her unhappiness with her job is affecting our day to day happiness, and yet she continues to refuse to talk about it. I have screenshots but it won't let me post them cause I'm new-message me for the link.

Hey

I'm unable to help sorry but I'm kinda in a similar situation. The girl I've been Dating for 6 months has a new job which she hates. She's on terrible money, the job is boring and she is having to travel really far. She needs a new job badly. It's now affecting her mentally and the weekend just gone she tried to push me away. She's tried pushing me away before when somethings affected her badly. I think it's just her way of dealing with things.

She accepts my help and I've tried job searching for her. I guess they just need our support