+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Missed chance

Missed chance

There was a guy who I liked in school and he liked me too, but as I was shy he did not realise I was interested too. We went our separate way but he contacted me 3 years later. We met up, it was clear he was interested in me but I had a partner. I felt torn as I always liked him but chose my partner as I wasn't going to end the relationship based on one reunion.

Over the years I thought of this guy. I have not seen him in over 10 years. I regret staying with my partner as he was very abusive. I have been single for a while now but the guy I liked is married now with a 2 year old. I would not contact him as he married so he is not available. Does anyone have any regrets about not pursuing someone? How would I know it was not meant to be? I feel quite upset right now as he was a nice guy.

Wow I sympathize with you, that would feel terribly gut wrenching!

Oh sure I have regrets, not about missed connections per-se but for instance about mistakes in relationships. The things I know now- boy I would have really done a situation different. Although I screwed this or that up, I just take it for what it is- a journey and the only way is to be faithful and thank God it will all work out- and it is, right now, I have a family still alive I can contact and they love me. Gratitude, for every moment, every feeling, I could die right now but I have another chance to do it right this time with what I have learned from past experiences. Times suck, embrace the suck, feel the life within the suck and know it is all part of the journey!

Good luck, hope that helps.

What is meant to be will be. Find peace in knowing that he wasn't meant to be yours if you are not with him now and he is with somebody else.