+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm 26 years old female and want an older boyfriend (man) at least 10-20 years?

I'm 26 years old female and want an older boyfriend (man) at least 10-20 years?

Hi, I am 26 year old female from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, I am currently single and feel like I am missing out on having a partner and feels like its too late because I want guys that much older than me and which makes potential partners in my preferred age gap at least 37 and I feel for a guy that much older than me, when it comes to marriage I feel like it will be too late for a fairy tale wedding! I also feel like older man will treat me better and like a barbie doll/princess/something special that's the reason behind wanting an older man too, I can't find any men out there? any help? tips and suggestion greatly appreciated! Stories of experience also recommended! Im at a loss, needs advice!

Quote Originally Posted by mej210390 View Post
    I also feel like older man will treat me better and like a barbie doll/princess/something special that's the reason behind wanting an older man too,
    Lol, seriously, you want to be treated like a barbie doll, or a trophy wife? You better rethink that because older men with money almost always play with more than one barbie doll. How about working for yourself, be independent and treat yourself like a queen or a princess instead of waiting for a knight in shining armor to save you from your misery?

I like older men because they treat me like a Lady. Not a princess, not a Barbie Doll. Like I am the Lady of Shalott, with reverence, respect, gentleness. He honors me. The guy I am currently 'seeing' is 30, and I'm 26. He treats me like I am something special, to be treasured and guarded. If thats what you mean by 'Barbie Doll', then I can understand. But if you just want someone to take care of you, then you need a dad, and not a boyfriend.

When it comes to meeting older men, the internet helps. I look super young, so I find a lot of 35+'s hitting me up. I like older, but once we start nearing the 50's, that really grosses me out. (Once, there was a 63 year old. Like....you're 4 years younger than my grandmother, sir.) I dislike dating my age because they are just so quick about everything, and emotionless. They don't care about the person they're getting to know.

hello friend i think you need to find good man.Man should have good heart and take care of you, age is no issue but man should be good one

Well, just food for thought.... but if you specifically want older men because of the reasons warriormaden describes, then I don't think you necessarily need to worry if it is getting too late. I mean, for example, you say you are 26 and want men who are 10 or 20 years older than you. So, that means you are interested in guys who are maybe around 36 to 46? ...The thing is, if your reasons for that are wanting guys who are old/experienced/mature enough to be done playing games and would actually take you seriously, then I don't think that needs to be a moving variable.

In other words, to better explain what I mean.... I don't think that means by the time you are 30 you'll be wanting to look at guys who are 40 to 50, or by the time you are 35 you'll be wanting to look at guys who are 45 to 55. If, in your mind, guys in their mid 30's to early 40's seem to be those that most interest you because they are at a maturity level (generally, anyway) you deem acceptable, then I think mid 30's to early 40's could remain your goal.

I mean, unless I am misunderstanding, I don't think it is specifically the number that you are looking for. I don't think you specifically want to date guys who are 10 to 20 years older than you, I think it's more you are saying you want to date guys who are mature enough to be done playing games. Heck, I could be wrong. If it is a mathematics thing for you, then go with it. Frankly, it's never too late to find love if you want it.

Well older guys could be more serious about relationship and marriage but generally you have more common interests with your age people. However I think older is only okay if you are not ashamed to show him your friends and parents.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

So I can answer this perfectly. I was married to a woman that was seven years older than me - we divorced and I married a woman 18 years younger than myself. I don't know what it is but the compatibility is a hundred times better than it was the first time around. I always felt like I was married to the old church lady in my first marriage. My wife and I listen to the same music of today and not the genres of the 70's and 80's like my ex. My current wife always wants to go somewhere or have some weekend sports activities together. She adores me for who I am and I certainly can adore her without being a trophy wife or Barbie doll. She loves to dress up and do Vegas in a last moment get-away. My testosterone levels have never been better. In the very beginning of our country's history it wasn't uncommon for older men marrying young women and now I know why. My wife can act wild one moment and be the admiration of many the next. She is a perfect mother and spouse and I have never been happier-- I know she feels very appreciated and not like some 30 year old guy who still has a boner for other women will treat her.

Quote Originally Posted by socalmark View Post
    So I can answer this perfectly. I was married to a woman that was seven years older than me - we divorced and I married a woman 18 years younger than myself. I don't know what it is but the compatibility is a hundred times better than it was the first time around. I always felt like I was married to the old church lady in my first marriage. My wife and I listen to the same music of today and not the genres of the 70's and 80's like my ex. My current wife always wants to go somewhere or have some weekend sports activities together. She adores me for who I am and I certainly can adore her without being a trophy wife or Barbie doll. She loves to dress up and do Vegas in a last moment get-away. My testosterone levels have never been better. In the very beginning of our country's history it wasn't uncommon for older men marrying young women and now I know why. My wife can act wild one moment and be the admiration of many the next. She is a perfect mother and spouse and I have never been happier-- I know she feels very appreciated and not like some 30 year old guy who still has a boner for other women will treat her.
    Good that it worked out for you man. To each their own.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Thanks, socalmark. I think that is a really good example that it certainly CAN work. Some people would think 18 years is too big of a difference. For me PERSONALLY, it would be. That is to say, I would not want to date/marry somebody with whom I had that much of an age difference. I don't care what other folks do. If it works for them, more power to them.

To be honest, I don't think it is necessarily the age/age difference that matters. As the saying goes.... Age is just a number. I think, honestly, compatibility is more important. What do I mean? Just as an example....

I don't necessarily think it is a good idea for an 18 year old person and a 28 year old person to date.... but I wouldn't think it is a big deal for a 25 year old person and a 35 year old person to date. In both of those examples, there is the same number difference. Ten years. However, the thing is when you are 18.... technically you are considered an adult.... but really you honestly are not. You're typically still just getting started, just figuring out what your adult life is going to be. Heck, if you are planning a career, you are typically just starting college. Whereas, at 28 you are generally/hopefully well on your way into that career and have a decently firm grip on adult life.

On the other hand, at 25 and 35, you really aren't in that much different of a stage in your life. So, those ten years no longer feel like so much. And, again, don't get me wrong, it's not like that is ALWAYS the case. Some 18 years old folks have it so much more together than people much older than them and some older folks are still basically just giant children. The point I am trying to illustrate is that (within reason, of course) it isn't really the age that matters, but more so that the maturity level/stages in life match up.

Socialmark's example is great. His first wife was much closer to his age.... but they were just such different people that it didn't work out. Now, his new wife and he are much further apart in age.... but they are much more of a match in lifestyle. So, on paper, somebody who didn't know them might think he'd be a better match for his ex just based on the age differences, but they'd be wrong.

Hi Mej,

Let me chime in and give you some advice. A man can be a gentle caring one at 20 or 65. I have met young men who had more sense than old guys three times their age and vice versa. Thus, age is a useless measure of compatibly and worth, if you gauge men so, you will never find the right one for you. If a man makes you laugh, if you look forward to seeing him, if shows affection openly, if he holds you like a flower, if he cherishes the gift you are, if he knows no other color but you, then that's a man; at 20 or 65. What you need to decide is not how old, but if he makes you feel that way a mile or two inches away. Often, Mr. Right is Mr. Wrong and opposites attract and the man you thought you wanted ended in the bin. Follow your heart, be guided by it and nothing else. After beauty fades, after passion teeters, what's left is that intimate connection made at first glance. Get that right and you found him.

I'm 41 and have 20 year olds hitting.on me all the time. It's always been the case. I'm extremely respectful and receptive to all women and when you work in a business where there's a large social setting, it gets around quick.

Some younger girls just aren't into the same things as boys their age and want to forgo that whole dating scene and go straight for the security an older man can provide.