+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Age Gap - Is There Hope?

Age Gap - Is There Hope?

I was wondering if anyone has had successful relationships with older woman, younger man, about 10 years' age gap. I have met this guy, and he is a wonderful person with all the same religious views, perspectives on life, career goals, family goals, etc as me. But he is significantly younger. For those of you with experience with this, do you deal with problems from family or friends? It would be like a 35 year old to 25 year old difference. Thanks so much for any (non-judgmental) advice.

Honestly, if you care about the guy, don't let it bother you. There's no good rule for ages. All that matters is what you two feel for each other. I've dated older women and I've never met anybody who has a problem with it. Nor should it matter if they do. It's your relationship, not theirs.

I've been dating a woman 7 years older than me for 4 months now and we have the best connection. 7 years isn't much of a difference at all though. 10 is obviously a bigger gap, but honestly who cares. As the poster above said, age isn't what matters, it's all the other good stuff that really determines a relationship. Age really is just a number.

Go for it!