+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Too difficult

Too difficult

I'm having a long distance relationship with a girl I met over the internet. We can meet several times a month and it was all going well untill this week, when she started school again and we could only talk a little more over an hour a day. (Except for the weekends)
    This week, she almost broke up with me two times, not because, as she said, she doesnt love me, but because it was too hard and she couldn't do it anymore. These two times I talked her out of it and it was all good for several days, untill yesterday when she actually did break up with me. This time, I couldn't talk her out of it, and we broke up. About 1.5 hours later, she messaged me and I asked again why we couldn't continue. She said she wants to continue, when I asked why, she answered that she noticed how much she actually needed me.
    I'm writing this to ask you guys if you guys think the same will happen again. I think this event has close similarities to when a kid really wants something, you give it to him, he sees the reality and decides he doesn't want it anymore. Thinking that way, I think she won't break up again as she has seen for herself how it would be would we break up.
    I need some second opinions, please help me.

In a situation like this, I'd end it. I'm currently in a long distance relationship with my girlfriend who goes to school and everything. If I was going through this situation like you are then it'd be safer and easier to end it. My girlfriend finds plenty of time to talk to me without it being "too hard". Yeah its not easy, but we understand its only temporary. If she can't understand that then its not worth fighting for.