+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does He Like Me?

Does He Like Me?

So i recently started college (I live in the UK so i'm 16), I met this guy at the taster week that we had for the college about 2 months ago. At the taster week we spent a little while together, just when we had the same free periods and watched a couple of films that we both liked together and my friends all said they thought we hit it off. Once i started we saw each other again on the first day and he recognised me immediately. Every time we see each other in the halls he'll smile at me and wave and my friends have noticed that he always seems to make up lame excuses to come and speak to our friends group. When he does this, according to one of my friends, he'll often look at me and often looks at me more than the people he's actually talking to. This guy always seems to laugh at my stupid jokes and appears to try extra hard to be funny, he also constantly mentions how he's going to the gym later but acts as if it's no big deal. Today one of my friends mentioned to him that a few of us had free periods next and when he heard that he turned to me straight away and asked if I did, when i said that i did have a free period next he smiled and did a fist pump which i thought was kind of out there considering we barely knew each other. During the free period he seemed to be talking to me more than anyone else even though he knew all of them more than he knows me and at a few points i caught him looking at me, we would make eye contact and instead of looking away he would just smirk and grin at me until i looked away. He also teased me quite a bit (all good natured) and made a few semi-sexual jokes towards me every now and again. When i got up to leave with my other friend (who is a guy) he stood up as well and asked me if i was leaving, when i said that i was he seemed kind of annoyed. Like i said, it's still really early on and it's way too early to make any serious moves but i wanna get some insight into where this is headed and whether anything could come from it in the future. I'm usually very awkward when it comes to my feelings even when i come across as very confident so i'm just trying to save myself some embarrassment. Any advice would be appreciated

Seems like you dont need advice. Just keep talking with the guy and spend more time together. Everything seems to be okay so far.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

He is interested.

I think you should give him opportunities to meet and talk again, but subtly.
    Dont ask him out, never ever.

Just talk about your plans....want to see this movie, wants to go some good place....
    And he will offer to join......but if he wont....you can complaint about youve got noone to go with to that place......and you dont want to go alone......now what?

Cool, I have a Campout/ Party coming up with a load of friends. That the sort of thing I could mention?

Mentioning might not be enought. Be ready that you will have to be more straight forward. You know we guys dont get the hints.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

You are right, but somehow she have to make him ask her out.
    To keep the roles in the right place.

If he is shy , he may need some encouragement.