+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does nobody fancy me? :-(

Does nobody fancy me? :-(

I am sure there are loads of posts like this in this forum.

But I am writing another one anyway! lol.

I am male and 28 years old. I am not over weight or anything....in fact I would say I have a very good 'body' as I am fit, athletic and in good shape........but.......

I have tried so many ways to meet ladies its getting rediculous.....but its just not working!....and no I dont come across as desperate before anyone says so!

I have had 2 gf's in my life....things didn't work out for different reasons. One went off with another bloke (a muscular gym going type guy, probably on steroids like every other 18 stone muscle moron gym boy) and with the other gf I was with we just were not 'right' for each other.

I have come to the decision that I am just not handsome enough for women and unfortunately I am beginning to think that women are simply very shallow and if you dont look the part they are not interested.....as long as you look like Brad Pitt or David Beckham or whoever, thats all that counts it seems and you can be a complete moron or idiot with no brains or intellect or personality whatsoever if you are really handsome.....do all women think they should be with a Becks/Pitt loook a like?......does nothing else matter or what?

To be honest when I look at photos of me with my friends I really just cant see why any lady would be attracted to me over my friends....well, they wouldn't....facts speak for themselves...I am always the one going home alone....my friends even get dates without even saying anything....some of my friends 'people skills' are similar to that of a cabbage, but they still get dates, etc.....It is clear I am the most unattractive man out of me and all my friends.....so what chance do I have over them?!?!?! lol.

When I go out I never see a woman look at me 'that way' if you know what I mean......which is very irritating.

OK, so I am no oil painting....I am the first to admit that!

But what are you meant to do?!?!?!?!

I am honest, decent, funny, have a good job, own my own house, treat people properly, etc etc.....all the things you are meant to be......so how on Earth can I overcome this ugly problem?

Just to settle my mind I even put my very best possible picture on that horornot.com website.....I really tried hard to look as good as possible in the picture I used and got a score of 4.5.....bloody 4.5!.....for those who dont know of the website, trust me thats a crap score!

I even joined a dating agency and suggested not to put my photo on my profile/file....well.....I did get several emails and letters from ladies (quite a few replies actually saying how good I sounded, some even said I sounded too good to be true!).....and communicated with them for a little while and they seemed interested and I even spoke on the phone to one of them but as soon as I sent my picture they vanished as if by magic.....AAAAAARRGGGGHHHHHH!....how annoying!....I am not an idiot and I know if I looked better then they would have kept up the communication and probably gone on a date with me or something.

This is really getting me down.

I am a decent bloke but the way I look is simply stopping me from finding someone special and although I hate to admit it I am also beginning to generally dislike women now because I think they are all shallow and deserve to be treated like crap by men because they only ever go for how a man looks and if thats how they think they deserve a crappy horrible life.....its got to the point that when I see a woman on the TV who has been battered, cheated on or abused by her "very handsome but yet horrible and generally nasty boyfriend"....I think "so what? you asked for it you silly tart...look deeper than a mans face next time"......and thats not what I am like.....I should not have these horrible outlooks on things.

I get along with women well enough, I meet lots of women and they all like me.......but do they want to take anything further?.....er.....NO, they would rather cop off with some guy in bar they know nothing about....but he looks good so thats ok.

And I know how to flirt, not be a friend but bf material, blah blah blah all the other stuff everybody always blurts out on this sort of thread.

Well thats my rant over.

Personality dude. Humour all that other stuff, basically speaking just be yourself.

Looks have very little to do with attracting woman, I know that from experience and i'm only 16!

I dont know what to tell you dude. It's hard to relate to such a situation if you havent confronted it. What do you look for in a girl?? Dont set your sights too high. Understand how you're feeling and don't be hipocritical when you pick out girls you're interested. There's more than what's on the surface. Anyway, I mainly posted to acknowlege your post and let you know you've been heard.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I agree with TAVS, how high are you setting your standards. I know that sounds shallow, but like it or not we live in a society that social standing and looks seem to rule and run our lives. If you’re hitting on Playboy playmates, then you are in for it. Real women are more likely to fall for the average Joe. We like personality and humor, we like sincerity and kindness, not really looking for the macho hot guy who spends all of his time in the mirror fawning over himself. It seems to me you need to look at your insides and try to be a little more positive, that may help you get the right girl.

You’re not alone in being alone, I've had only a few boyfriends and I'm fairly attractive and intelligent, but have the worse luck with guys. Always trying to pick the ones who maybe in the same situation as I am, lonely and needing a little company, but they always end up using me as their crutch and then moving on to a successful relationship and leaving me in the cold.

Try to be outgoing and realistic with your needs and choices in the opposite sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne
    Looks have very little to do with attracting woman
    Thats a fawking lie.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Thats a fawking lie.
    Ladies could I have some help here? Trust me OV looks do NOT play a major role.

Tone Guest
    Be funny, it's fun.

A.) Not all good looking guys are dicks.
    B.) Not all normal guys get left behind.
    C.) Physical standards run both ways.
    D.) Be succesful and it won't matter how you look
    I now submit my evidence: Billy Bob Thorton, Lyle Lovett,Bill Gates, Donald Trump
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey I hear ya Justme..... I feel the same way about men at times. All the good ones are taken or gay..... THe rest are just shallow and into the "perfect & petite" girls.

I don't ask for alot IMO. But honestly....theres gotta be some type of attraction there. Personality really can bring out the attraction. So if you can't show a girl who you really are....then chances are thats what shes missing......and thats why you aren't with someone. Or maybe its just your self-esteem. I know that plays a role. Women don't want men who constantly put themselves down.

Who knows....?

But you have to realize that there are women out there that feel the exact same way as you....but... about the men out there....
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    Hey I hear ya Justme..... I feel the same way about men at times. All the good ones are taken or gay..... THe rest are just shallow and into the "perfect & petite" girls.
    Not true, I'm shallow but into "perfect & tall" women.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya
    Not true, I'm shallow but into "perfect & tall" women.
    LOL...How tall?
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

One of the girls I'm currently seeing is perfect at 5'10.5.

I'm 6'2 so it works out.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

One of the girls I'm currently seeing is perfect at 5'10.5.

I'm 6'2 so it works out.
    Nice...What's her HB rating?

I keep looking at your simon says champion thing and it's reminding me of the new PC game Fahrenheit, very disappointed in that game.

Napoleon I

She was a definite HB8.5 when I met her, but after talking to her she's a 9.5.

Good to seeya back
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

She was a definite HB8.5 when I met her, but after talking to her she's a 9.5.

Good to seeya back
    Yeah, you too.

What's up with them other "trouble makers"? You still collaborate with them?

Napoleon I

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast