+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help! What does this mean?

Help! What does this mean?

Hey guys!
    I met a senior colleague for the first time 2 weeks ago. I instantly found him to be attractive, sophisticated and very very 'my type'. But he is much senior in level and at least 6-7 years older. First few days I thought he didn't even notice me. But few short exchanges made me realize he does indeed see me (im not invisible!). A group of colleagues went to dinner and bar hopping and this is what happened:
    - even here at first he did not acknowledge my presence. Even in group conversations he would not look at me.
    - There was a moment when he spoke to me and almost said my first syllable of my name but then skipped my name and just asked his question. Which I thought was super weird.
    - Then in the bar he finally spoke to me one-on-one and we spoke for a long time.
    - Next bar he was standing next to me while i was sitting on the bar stool. He teased me occasionally and transformed in to a friendly person. somehow in conversation he even asked me how old i thought he was. lot of teasing and banter.
    - I had this gut feeling that he is flirting with me and physically really leaning in/towering over me.
    Next day in office he was friendly but super professional. Which left me wondering if I was imagining all that the last night!?

How do i find out whether he was just flirting with everyone? or not flirting at all? whole thing makes me feel like a teenager. PS: I am 31.

Hi Spe,

You asked me to answer your question...so.
    The following thoughts came to my mind:

he fancy you, but he is afraid and dont want you to see it...because:
    -he is in a relationship
    -he is so attracted, he tries to conceal it
    -the more he is attracted, the more he is afraid.....maybe previous disappointments, etc.
    You know, it applies to both sexes: more attraction=more danger.
    -he tries to avoid a workplace relationship, thats why he keeps distance.
    -he feels your attraction and its too much and too fast for him

You have to be very smart, and go on step by step, because if things go wrong, it can ruin your career. Trust me, i've been there.
    The other important thing is....you can get enemies.....if other (colleague)women or men is attracted to him.
    Slow down. Dont show that much attention.

I personally think, he is intentionally avoiding eye contact, etc. You may seem too attracted. And He perfectly knows, your are pissed off about it.
    You cloud do the same to him and wait until he approaches.
    IGNORE him.
    If he is interested, he will make a move. Maybe.