+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Was it a date?

Was it a date?

I really like my friend who I go to college with. About 3 weeks ago he asked me if I liked him, and I told him yes. He stared at me with a scared/nervous expression, and he refused to respond. The next day he was awkward and on edge, but after that we were backing to teasing each other and joking around like we usually do. I decided to pull back on my flirting ever so slightly as to not scare him off.
    On Saturday, we both had a lot of homework and I had to leave for Maryland at 5 a.m., so we pulled an all-nighter together. We were working with three other people and he mentioned out loud that he might go get food later if anyone wanted to join him (but I noticed that he was mostly staring at me when he said it). After they left, I asked him if we could still go because I hadn't eaten dinner. He seemed very happy that I took him up on the offer. At around 11, he said something along the lines of, "Our friend wants us to walk her to a party a little off-campus. I was thinking that the two of us could go get some food together afterwards. If you still want to do homework, great. If you are too tired, then also great."
    This was weird because usually when we go to get food one of us just says, "Hey, you want food?" And the other says "Sure." I had said yes to food previously, as I mentioned above, and I had to say yes twice before he stopped rambling about us "spending time together."
    After we dropped off our friend, things became weird. He kept asking me about things I was feeling, then not responding or responding very one-wordedly.
    Example:
    Him: "Are you stressed?"
    Me: "Yes, but I have been all week so it's okay."
    Silence
    Me: "How about you?"
    Him: "Yes."
    Silence
    Him: "What are you thinking about?"
    Me: "Just life. My work that needs to get done. What about you?"
    Him: *10 second pause* My thoughts are just rambling.
    We had a few normal conversations, but not many and they were brief. About 3 times, twice on the way to the place and once as we were walking in the door, he just stopped and starred at me with this unusual expression. He had a closed-mouth smile and his eyes were slightly bigger than normal. After we got food we just walked back to our dorm, did homework until it was time for me to leave, and then he walked me over to the parking lot where I was leaving from to make sure that I got there safely.

Was that an attempt on trying to hang out with me in more than a platonic matter? I have gotten other signs that he likes me back recently, but half the time I try to flirt with him or hug him he doesn't respond positively.

Dont seem like a date. Little talking and action.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will