+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Married and having feelings for a coworker- advice please!

Married and having feelings for a coworker- advice please!

So, to start- I am married and I would never cheat on my husband! I love him more than anything. However, lately I have found myself so attracted to my coworker- and I feel so guilty and as if I have no control over my feelings! I don't know what to do here...

There is a guy I work with who I've always considered a work friend- we'd chat here and there and joke around with one another. For about the last 2 weeks something has changed- I find myself incredibly attracted to him. I think he feels the same...(he's married as well) when we talk it seems like we linger, like we just don't want to stop talking with one another. He'll also bump his arm into mine, kick my foot with his, little things like that. He also makes crazy intense eye contact with me- something about the way he looks at me made me sure he MUST feel this attraction I feel!

I might have crossed the line the other night. I had been drinking and I let on that I had a sex dream about him. He admitted that he's had these same thoughts about me even though he knows he shouldn't. I feel awful, I've tried SO hard to get this guy off my mind and I can't! He's all I can think about sometimes. This has never happened to me and I feel so lost.

I'm just looking for any advice on what to do or how to get over this. Please no negative comments, I'm already beating myself up over this constantly

Being attracted to another person besides your spouse is normal. Acting on those feelings, like sending explicit drunk texts, however, is definitely crossing the line. Is there something going on in your marriage that may be causing you to reach out to someone other than your husband? Understand that the feelings you have are natural and normal, but you would be ruining your marriage if you act on them. Don't place yourself in situations that could tempt you to cross boundaries. Reconnect with your husband and I am sure the crush on your co-worker will subside over time.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

You said you still love your husband but you're dreaming of another man. We all do it, but I can completely understand your issue as I'm in the same exact predicament without the love for my wife...

It seems to me you are missing some much needed attention and your seeking it out with this guy. If you're husband isn't doing it for you then that's a personal problem between you both obviously. Maybe the other guy is in a bad relationship and he's "vibing" you to see if he's still "got it". That's what I'm doing to this girl right now so I cand relate.

Still, I know the feeling. You can't go a minute without thinking of him. It's tiring and confusing but Meloncholia said it best that you should just try to get what you want out of your current relationship as you still care for him.