+ Follow This Topic

Thread: PLEASE HELP Do I break up with him?

PLEASE HELP Do I break up with him?

So I'm a junior and i went to a new school and met this really cute popular guy. He's one of the most popular guys at school and I started to like and I knew for a fact he liked me. So we talked for like 2 weeks and then he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. It is my first ever relationship so I'm very confused and it's not exactly what I expected. I mean he treats me in a great way and is a real gentleman to me, but I feel that we might have rushed the relationship. It's only been like 3 days and I'm already so overwhelmed by the relationship thing and I don't want to sound like a crybaby or anything, I really like him. I really do. And I want to take things slower. But he seems so infatuated with me that it might break my heart to tell him so. What do I do? Do I tell him that I need space? Or do I just ignore the feeling? Because I'm feeling so very uncomfortable and restless and today's his birthday so I got him a gift and all(duh!) but it's like so confusing now that everybody knows we're dating it's a bit of a responsibility and I don't know if I might fall in love with him seeing as though he's a long term relationship type of guy and it puts so much pressure on me to keep up with the flirting and sweet talking and acting but I just don't know what do I expected to be happier in the first relationship. Any thoughts or advice as to what I should do?

You sit him down and explain exactly what you did here: that you really like him, you want to be with him, but that you want to slow things down a bit. Try to figure out what slowing things down will mean to you before you have the conversation. Think about what you want this relationship to look like, and talk to him about it. If he really likes you, he will respect your needs. If not, then you can call it a loss and dump him because it's soon enough in the relationship that you haven't invested much time or energy into it, and you can end it. There's no point in being with someone who can't respect your wishes, expectations, and needs. I am hoping he will respect you and your needs, but you have to talk to him about it to know for sure.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

alright thanks a lot!