+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Odd situation

Odd situation

I am dating my friends wife that passed away, we started dating about 3 weeks after his death. I am widowed and when things got hot between us I told her we should wait because Iknew she needed more time but she said she didn't need to but wanted to make sure I would be committed to her and the relationship would go somewhere and I wanted that too.
    We got along great for the last 7 months then she told me she felt trapped and wasn't ready for commitment, we never had arguments or anything we always talked.
    I told her I was about to ask her to move in with me and she said she really liked that idea but isn't ready for it and I am.Ok with waiting but still wanted to break up.
    I really love this woman she is very special to me and I want to get her back.

Sorry but you were a rebound. She used you to escape the pain and loneliness.....all you were was for her was a way to get through the grieving process. Now it has past and she realizes she really has no interest in a future with you. It wasn't intentional, this happens to a lot of people. They get so caught up with their emotions/in the moment they lose themselves and all common sense.

I know this is not what you want to hear but the best thing for you to do is back off and go no contact. You can't make someone want you/love you.