+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Best friends with my Tinder match (but we flirt)

Best friends with my Tinder match (but we flirt)

I matched with this guy from Tinder almost a year ago and we've been talking ever since. I've clarified on my tinder bio and to him at first that I was only looking for friends and that I don't want to be anything more (**** buddies or a boy friend). We instantly clicked the first time we talked cause we found out we had mutual friends and that we are both in college. We talk every single day and he always messages me first (sometimes I do). We talk on snapchat, twitter, fb, ig and practically every single social media app (we also talk on the phone). We call each other dude, babe, etc (we also have a personal pet name for each other). We talk about almost EVERYTHING; from past relationships, to sex, to partying, to problems with our families and friends, to homework, and random books, cartoons and shows. We literally snap each other RANDOM things (what we eat, what we're watching, etc) and basically, we just have chemistry. We trust each other with our secrets and even know each other's addresses. We also ask each other for advice all the time about anything and everything.

We also flirt (daily or from time to time) but it didn't start until after we've been talking for quite some time (a month after we met). I didn't want to meet him the first five months we've been talking because I didn't know what we were and I was busy with school since I'm graduating. I also wasn't sure if he was sketchy or not so I didn't want to meet him at all. He kept asking me to hang out with him and his friends so many times. He even wanted to give me his extra ticket to this concert but I told him I was too busy. I thought he'd lose interest and stop talking to me because I didn't want to meet with him but he never did. I thought our friendship would eventually end and somehow we'd just stop talking to each other--but it never happened.

He talks about his crushes all the time though and the girls he likes and finds pretty, despite the fact that we flirt and talk sweet to each other all the time. It's confusing. I don't know what to think anymore. We both got hurt and cheated on before so basically, we both have trust issues.

He surprised me and visited me in my school one time (which is the first time we're meeting in person) without even telling me and it was six months after we started talking. It was short but we both had a good time. We weren't awkward and we still had chemistry despite hanging out for the first time.

There are days where he'd ask me if he could drop by my house or if I could hang out at his house, and I would decline cause I'm busy. There was also a time where he saw where I was on snapchat, and went straight right there to meet up with me. I told him I was busy and couldn't hang with him and he seemed really hurt. I find it all so weird because why would he go out of his way just to see me? It's confusing cause we're like best friends who we flirt with each other, but also talk about the other people we like. He's always honest with me and talks about what he thinks about other girls and I also do the same. He told me I was one of the few people he could be himself with.

We'd talk on the phone during the wee hours of the night for hours (3 am onwards) because he wants to, and he'd fall asleep on the phone while he waits for me to finish my work. I don't know what we are and what to think anymore. There are days where it seems like we actually mean what we say when we flirt with each other, but sometimes I think he's just messing with me because he has a habit of doing so for fun. Sometimes I think he's just really a flirt but there are days where we both seem genuine. He also talks about the other girls he flirts with which is just so confusing. I don't understand why we still talk to each other every single day, why we still flirt with each other and why he'd go out of his way to meet me if we're just friends.

He said his ideal girl is a beautiful, funny and smart girl, and he said I was also those things so I don't know what's up anymore? We're probably just best friends, but why does he still flirt with me? We're sweet to each other and we genuinely care about each other so I don't know anymore. Any help or advice?

I'm not sure if I like him yet, but there are days where I actually catch myself falling for him. Should I tell him? Should I confront him about it? Or should I wait or just never do it at all and let things be. I'm worried I might completely fall for him if we keep this up.

I'd like to think we're best friends cause there's no other explanation but would I guy really talk to a girl he met on tinder everyday and flirt with her if they're just friends?

Help
    Last edited by tindergirlcon; 06-11-16 at 06:15 AM.

You are bad bitch cause you didnt wanted to meet. Now blame yourself for confusion, not him. Its your fault. he might like other girls too but if he chats with you every day and asks you out then he likes you most of them all and he like you more than a friend. You are insecure and that destroys your chances having a relationship. If you want to be successful then learn to handle uncertainly. Learn not to be sure or not know everything and act on it to find out. It just takes that jump to meet someone from chatting. But its worth it.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 06-11-16 at 05:18 PM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will