+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My boyfriend hasn't spoken to me in 48 hours - HELP!

My boyfriend hasn't spoken to me in 48 hours - HELP!

Okay so, a bit of background information. Me and my boyfriend have known each other for coming up to 3 years. We were best friends at school and have always found each other attractive. However, due to dating other people and timings being out we only got together 3 months ago.

Things have been a bit of a whirlwind ever since and our relationship has moved pretty fast. After only 1 month he told me he loves me more than anyone before (I don't know how true this is but one of his best qualities is his honesty) and he has said that he thinks he has found his soul mate. He is also the first boyfriend I have had in which my entire family adores which is a really big deal and shows a lot about his character.

Until last week we have never really had any sort of arguments with each other and usually things are really good - however we've had a really bad week which seems to be out of nowhere. We had arguments over silly things and because we're both tired and a bit more irritable recently it's escalated into something more than it should be. We have both been quite petty over things which I will admit to. The last time I saw him was 4 days ago where I apologised to him for the arguments, and when I left he told me he loved me as he always does.

However the day after he text me saying he has been ignoring me and has been more distant because he's been thinking about us and he 'doesn't know how he feels' and was 'struggling to vocalise' his feelings to me. Being worried this was leading to a break up I pressured him to tell me what was wrong and he told me he didn't feel good enough for me. Since that conversation I sent him a message trying to reassure him he was more than good enough and told him I love him. I know he's read it but I haven't heard anything since. For the past 2 days I've been worried sick and scared of losing him which has made me show desperation (not good I know). Speaking to some of our mutual friends he has been speaking to them online and over text - so I know he's available to reply. I also tried calling a few times and the phone rang but there was no answer.

Does anybody know why he might have pulled away and intentionally not replied to any of my calls or messages. Its only been 2 days so shall I give him some more space? Or should I presume things between us are over? Also does anyone have any advice on what I should do next?

When people do a 180, it means someone else is pulling their interest in the other direction, making them unsure of the relationship and their feelings for you. He is downplaying or diverting you away from the truth by saying HE isn't good enough for you.

It's also possible he cheated and can't face you with the truth. This has happened to me. It took me 3 weeks to finally find out the truth. The only reason he came forward was to see if I would take him back.

Did he go out of town for those 48 hours, do you know where he was during that time, or know nothing even if he was still in your city? Sounds suspicious and he owes you a truthful explanation.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”