+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Who is in the wrong?

Who is in the wrong?

I am 53, when I was 16 my parents taught me how to drive and they also got me driving lessons. But, I do not want to do the same thing for my son and daughter. They are 17 and 18, I have wanted them both to leave for 15 years, I've had them in online schooling for 11 years, they can't walk places, as we live on a highway cars every where no side walks or areas to walk on. I never drive them places, but I want them to leave but I don't want to help them. I don't want to get them driving lessons and I don't want to teach them, and I don't want to get them an I.D so that they can work. I just don't believe in helping them even though I'm their bio father. Who is in the wrong? Am I doing the right thing?

I think that you are wrong my friend. When you decide to be a parent you have also some responsibilities. You should help them do things but not spoil them and teaching them how to drive a car especially taking into consideration the location you live in and the problem that it causes it is definitely not a spoiling

[MENTION=84483]it's me it's me[/MENTION]

Don't feed the trolls!
    "Caring is not an advantage."

I also think that you are wrong my Friend, it's okay not to spoiled them but make sure you guide them. I know that spoon feeding will make them hard headed and won't give any benefits to them. But make sure that you teach them and guide on the things that they need to know. Be a good father, if they need help you can help them. IF they are in problems give advise. I'm a father too and I know that our sons need us and they will always be. Love your daughter and son. You can let them leave anywhere anytime, in US, UK, Panama or Asia but make sure that they are ready for the big challenge that they will get in the future. Hope this helps, - Gustavo Woltmann
    __
    “—Amy said that would be an imprudent expense; but as soon as he had got a good price for a book. Will not the publishers be kind? If they knew what happiness lurked in embryo within their foolish cheque-books!”
    - George Gissing, New Grub Street