+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He Still Lives With His Ex

He Still Lives With His Ex

Hi there!

I hope i'm under the correct subject. I met this new guy who I really like. I could tell something wasn't right, and he admitted to me this morning that his ex still lives with him and they only stopped being physical 2 weeks ago. Im angry that he lied (He said he lived with his sister and that he had been single for 3 years)
    Do I continue to see him? I cant stand the fact he is under the same roof as his ex who he still has feelings for. Is it too harsh to make him choose : She moves out, Or I go my seperate way?

Quote Originally Posted by giulia
    Hi there!

I hope i'm under the correct subject. I met this new guy who I really like. I could tell something wasn't right, and he admitted to me this morning that his ex still lives with him and they only stopped being physical 2 weeks ago. Im angry that he lied (He said he lived with his sister and that he had been single for 3 years)
    Do I continue to see him? I cant stand the fact he is under the same roof as his ex who he still has feelings for. Is it too harsh to make him choose : She moves out, Or I go my seperate way?

Under those circumstances, I think I'd probably go my seperate way and not look back. One, he lied about something that important and two, they stopped being physical only TWO weeks ago? That's hardly an 'ex,' that's a 'spat.'

Now having said that, sometimes, just sometimes living with an ex can be acceptable for a while at least. When my ex wanted a divorce, I had no choice but to agree, but we owned a house together that needed several months of work before we put it on the market and neither of us had the ready cash to get new places and move out until it was sold. Thus, we became 'room-mates' for six months. Wasn't pleasant, but had to do it. Seperate bedrooms, no sex. Honestly.
    Last edited by blackiesharley; 13-10-05 at 12:44 AM.

Hi. Thanks for the advice. If they are in the same situation as you were, then maybe I can hold on a bit...but at the same time the trust issue is just huge. If he has no intention of moving her out, then i'm definitly going to go my seperate way! Thanks again

Tone Guest
    How old are you?

Giulia, listen - for YOUR own good it's probably best to get away. I mean think of it, he already lied to you about her. He's LIVING with her. He just recently stopped being physical, and who knows when they might pick that up again? I'll tell you who WON'T know - and that's you. Cause he seems to have no problem lying to you.

Typical man, wants to have his cake and eat it too. I wouldn't give him any ultimatum or anything, I'd just say "Listen you lied to me, you're living with your ex, what kind of fool do you think I am?" and then get done - no contact - don't give him a chance to weasel his way back into your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    How old are you?

Typical man, wants to have his cake and eat it too. I wouldn't give him any ultimatum or anything, I'd just say "Listen you lied to me, you're living with your ex, what kind of fool do you think I am?" and then get done - no contact - don't give him a chance to weasel his way back into your head.
    lmao...sorry bro...this part made me laugh...I agree with it 100%.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Run, dont walk from this doomed situation
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I cant stand the fact he is under the same roof as his ex who he still has feelings for.
    I do believe you're really supposed to not be able to stand the fact that he LIED TO YOU. Big time. The guy's a dick. Leave.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

If he lied to you already... who knows how many more times he will. Your best bet is to leave and not get yourself involved any farther in this. You deserve better... someone who will not lie to you and who will respect you.... DON"T PLAY THE GAME!!!

no. no. yes.

HI.

I'm 21. So im still a young 'un. But you are all correct. He actually called me last night saying she was moving out soon, but I stuck my ground and told him it isn't going to happen. I'm pi**ed off at the situation, I thought i'd finally found something....but it's ok, because I deserve better :-) Thanks for the great advice

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    HI.

I'm 21. So im still a young 'un. But you are all correct. He actually called me last night saying she was moving out soon, but I stuck my ground and told him it isn't going to happen. I'm pi**ed off at the situation, I thought i'd finally found something....but it's ok, because I deserve better :-) Thanks for the great advice
    Glad you are being wise about the situation. Obviously if he is still living with her and just stopped being physical with her.....chances are....its gonna happen again. Plus he lied to you to begin with!
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Good for you girl!!! You will find someone better and be even happier!!!

:-) thanks, sweetkiss.

Tone Guest
    Yeah, what the others said!

Oh and don't buy the "Oh she's moving out soon" bullshit.

I wouldn't listen to it because he lied from the beginning. If he had been up front with you on their liviing situation and they had not been physcial in awhile, then it would be a different situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast