+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torn and confused and excited

Torn and confused and excited

Ok... heres the story. For those of you who've read my posts before you know I had a girlfriend with many problems... well thats over and I'm really happy now.

I just got a really great job as a programmer about 4 months ago, 2 months into it a really really gorgeous girl started in the billing department, lets call her G (for gorgeous) Well to say the least I was a little intimidated; In fact I didn't talk to her for the first few days she was here.

Recently she asked me to start working on a website with her to help her with the programming and I agreed. We sent several emails back and forth and then last night she called me up and asked if she could come over so I could show her some javascript stuff. We ended up talking for 2 hours, then spending 15 minutes on the javascript and then talking for 2 more hours. Today she sends me the following email:

"Okay, working on this tonight or tomorrow. Had a good time talking to you, and looking forward to hanging out again. Maybe at my place next time, just to make it even. Lol. See you at work on Thursday!!"

Well I was in the process of writing her back when my friend comes over and says "hang on, let me see your computer for a sec" he takes out what I was writing and writes "only if we can make out..." <send>

Now this girl is an awesome girl... she has a great sense of humer and can take things in stride. Shes spontanious and random and funny (and hot). But even so, I'm wondering... do you think this was a fopaux? I'm thinking that I really should try to learn to be a little more direct sometimes but... wow talk about jumping in the fire. I'm not sure if my friend blessed me or cursed me. What do you think?

Well if she takes it well, just pretend nothing happened. If she starts acting less enthusiactic just explian what happened. I was in your friends position once. I had a friend who was just nuts for a girl. He and her would study sometimes together but he could never work up the confidence to ask her out. Once when I knew they were studying together I sent him a message saying, "Yo matt, did you ask (name taken out) out yet?". I guess she was using the computer at the time. She responded "No, I wish he would already haha". Anyway it worked out pretty good for Matt, and I figure if it went over bad I could just take the heat. Good luck, tell us how it turns out.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Hell yea. I say bite the bullet and see what happens. If you go now and apologize you're going to look like a wuss.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

LOL... thanks for the advice, I'll let you know what happens.

Ok... she just sent the following:

"LMAO
    Boy, you better have been joking!!

I'll bring Amy ".(her best friend who makes out with everone)." She'll make out with you AND any siblings you may have. Maybe even the guy who lives above you.....Hahaha"

What do you think... shot down? or just playing hard to get?

I have no idea really, but can I come over and meet amy?
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

I think she's into you but is deciding if she wants a friendship or more. I think you should tell her it was your friend who wrote that, then maybe play around with it to get something out of her...it's easier to tell people things over IM. I think keep testing the waters, you guys are still relatively new to eachother. When you know her better i think you will recognise her signs.etc to tell you what she wants.

Tone Guest
    Yeah, she's definately not NOT into you, so keep on going with it, keep flirting, being cool, calm, and yourself.

Flirt, give her signs you're interested with body language, and lots of smiles and find little excuses to touch her. Maybe one day after you're done with whatever it is you guys do, tell her you want to take her out to grab a bite to eat.
    Last edited by Tone; 14-10-05 at 12:56 AM.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah I would keep going as you are and see what happens. But I would also tell her your friend wrote that, it's a good thing she laughed about it and made some more comments as well. And yeah, do what Tone said!!! body language, and all that good stuff.

I'm with Ratfish; come back when you have pics of Amy.

Ok... new developement, and again I come crawling before you asking of your help. Last night I was out drinking with my two friends, John and John. One I work with and the other was his friend who i just met last night. Anyways, John (the one I didnt know) took my phone at one point and sent a message to her that said "Hey b*tch i need u 2 nightZSzzmo" GAH!!!

So I call her right after that and appolgized and my friend who I work with messaged her and told her that it was his friend. She did seem a little T.O.ed (of course) but not too bad. I'm wondering if today I should appologize again or if I should lay low and not say anything else until I see her on Tuesday, or if I should talk to her like normal via gmail like nothing happened?

What do you think?

Why would he think to message her? Or is she the only number you have in your phone?

Tone Guest
    Why do you keep letting people do all this shit to her?

My guess is, you talk about this girl way too much to your buddies. I mean how do you let someone not only send an e-mail saying stupid shit, but also let them send a text message. What are you doing while they are doing this? I hate text messaging cause you have to hit all those buttons 2-3-4 times to get to the letter you want, so it's not like it's exactly quick. I just picture you standing there watchin like "Oooooh dude totally, you better not - oh my God I can't believe you're doing that... ooh dude... oohh man I can't believe you're gonna say that"

I'll be damned if I'm gonna let any of my jerkoff friends say some stupid shit to the girl I'm interested in. Obviously I don't think you're very innocent here, maybe cause you're too scared to make the moves yourself, so you joke around with your buddies in hopes that they will make the right moves for you. I'm sorry but I wouldn't blame this girl if she gets over whatever she might have had for you. And I'm sorry again, but if I'm right about any of this - then I don't want to help you try to get her.

Cheers.

no... my friend from work, john, brought her up in conversation and told about how much I had the hots for her. Then later the other john asked to use my phone for a sec.

I agree with Tone here. That's exactly what I was thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast