+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are all guys tossers

Are all guys tossers

Hi I need some advice from people who aren't close to me.

I met this guy online. We had 3 dates which I thought went really well. We both said that there was a connection I don't have this type of connection with everyone it's only ever happened 3 times including this one in my life.

So here is where I need advice. Last Monday he WhatsApp me to say that he couldn't keep seeing me as he'd accidentally bumped into his long term ex the day before and he'd decided to give it another go.

Now here's where it gets interesting he sent the message to me 45 mins before one of my final exams for my degree which he was fully aware of.

What I'm concerned is did he do it deliberately to hurt me or did he just do it the moment he could though it was in the morning.
    He could have waited till the afternoon it wasn't as if I was pestering him my last text to him was on the Sunday afternoon

So I would welcome your thoughts as some of my friends say he did it deliberately others are giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Many thanks x

I don't think he even recalled you had exams, he might be self obsessed and unaware of things going on in others life. It might have just been a case of bad timing on his part.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I agree with lovebroken. Many people (includes men) are often so self-obsessed and forget what important stuff is going on in other people's lives.

I'm a man, and quite frankly I think the vast majority of men are a-hole. Hell, in this day and age, the vast majority of PEOPLE are a-holes. LOL! BUT.... I would agree with the others. I don't think he intentionally did that to hurt you/mess with you. I mean it is certainly possible he did, but I think it is most likely he just forgot you had exams. As the others said, he was too wrapped up in his own story to really care about what you had going on in your life.

I will say this, at least he was man enough to tell you and not just keep you hanging on. Would have been nice if he could have been man enough to do it face to face or even at least over the phone rather than in some stupid app, though. But, Hell, at least he was honest with you so you could move on.

Good luck to you.

The best thing to do is to stop questioning yourself about that guy anymore as it can only mess up your head.Men mind is less complicated then of us women and I can guarantee you that most of the time men do not come up with such a devious plan to screw up someone intentionally as women do.Since you mentioned that you already met in the past 2 other guys that you felt this great connection with,I am pretty sure that there is more out there who can you feel the same about, its just a matter of time when you will meet him.Perhaps you should take a trip,long or short..2 great friends of mine met their long term partners while on a trip..One got married with Brazilian guy and another is from Europe but lives here in Canada with her fiancee whom she met while traveling to Australia.