+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Season 6 Movie Suggestions ~ Theme is: DRAMA

Season 6 Movie Suggestions ~ Theme is: DRAMA

Explained in topazlight's movie thread why I am making this up early.

The Season 6 theme is Drama movies. Lots to pick from, any era, new, or old. I'll check & add in people's already mentioned movies into this thread ~ dollhouse, Exeter, megvoh & myself so far.

I'll tag @ to members who usually review these movies.
    [MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=79987]megvoh[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION]

If others who did anything with this movie group & I didn't add you & you want to participate again please post in here so I can include you.

- - - Updated - - -

OK ~ So far.

dollhouse ~ The Shawshank Redemption

Exeter19 ~ The Accountant

megvoh ~ Either The Revenant or Her.

Me ~ The Help
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

yep, the accountant is the one i am going with. if it wins i'll supply a link via private messages for others to watch it since it is a newer movie( don't expect a dvd quality link).
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I wanted to suggest movie La La Land (2016)

A jazz pianist falls for an aspiring actress in Los Angeles.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I don't know why I keep drawing a blank on this one. I guess because drama isn't like one of my go to genres. I mean, don't get me wrong, I watch plenty of drama movies. But, I am just never like "Hey! I'm in the mood for a drama movie." I will just randomly decide "Hey, I wanna watch this movie" and it happens to be drama. Unlike comedy or horror. Those, I'm often feeling specifically like a horror movie or specifically like a comedy. I will have to take a moment to look through my massive movie collection and pick out a good drama.

Although, I usually do live by the simple philosophy of "Save the drama for yo' mama!" ...but I think I can make an exception this once.

Is La La Land out yet, [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] I'd love to see that one too, it is a Ryan Gosling movie, right? Looks wonderful.

I'll suggest an older but fantastic I think movie for the drama category - House of Sand and Fog. ( 2003 )

LOL! I don't think I'd call 2003 "older." I mean, yeah that is about 14 years old now, but still... when you say "older" movie, I think like the 1950's, 60's, or 70's. LOL! Anyways, I can't believe this didn't occur to me before, but there are two Robin Williams dramas that I think are really good and aren't as well known as some of his bigger movies. I can't decide which one to go with as my suggestion, though.... I am thinking either:

Patch Addams (1998) - Loosely based on the life of the real life Patch Addams, it is about a medical student (and later doctor) who believes in treating patients like human beings instead of numbers and even believes in using humor to help in the healing process.

or

What Dreams May Come (1998) - A touching and strange story which explores some idea of what the after life may be like, when Robin Williams's character dies (NOT a spoiler, as that is the whole plot of the movie) and tries to find his wife, who died before him (again, NOT a spoiler as that is also part of the whole point of the story) in the after life. A much lesser known Robin Williams movie that I personally loved.

Yep.. mine is still... The Shawshank Redemption movie.

Looks like will are going to have some really good movies to pick from this round. Excited.

- - - Updated - - -
    [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION]..I'd watch both of those you suggested.

Yeah, if you haven't seen them I would definitely recommend both. Heck, even if neither winds up being the one we pick as a group via the vote, I'd still say check 'em out. I tend to like Robin Williams movies, and these were no different. Patch Addams is pretty similar to his typical stuff, whereas What Dreams May Come does still have a very "Robin Williams movie" feel to it, but it is very "different," so to speak. Not in a bad way, though, just very different. It's an interesting concept.

Sorry for the hold up, folks

My movie can be -- Drive ( 2011 - Crime Drama )
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Robin Williams made some really awesome movies, Fisher King, Good Will Hunting are two others that come to my mind. I think I will check them out regardless of if either win or not.

Love.. Drive, Jffs24. Ryan Gosling fan.. am I

drive is a good movie. there isn't one listed i wouldn't want to watch. so no bad movies whatever wins. they've got a dvd quality version of my movie out online now so if by any chance it wins i'll send that to each via messages.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Ok ~ Looks like we got all our movies in? I was away & only back last night so I will go over the list & try to make the poll up before leaving so whoever comes in this weekend can vote :-]

- - - Updated - - -

dollhouse ~ The Shawshank Redemption

Exeter19 ~ The Accountant

megvoh ~ Either The Revenant or Her.

Me ~ The Help

pcmaster ~ La La Land

topazlight ~ House of Sand and Fog

TheEvilJester ~ Patch Adams and What Dreams May Come

Jffs24 ~ Drive
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Thank you breathe123 for adding both of my movies in my absence.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”