+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can you provide your thoughts here?

Can you provide your thoughts here?

I'm going to avoid interpretation or opinion, and also asking questions. I want to provide a timeline of facts minus interpretation or perspective for you to give an unbiased view. If I ask questions that will only direct your thinking.

Timeline as follows over 1 year:
    -Went to the works office party to ask out a specific person then could not find her at the party.
    -Told her friend I was looking for her who then later passed on that information.
    -I was told by a mutual friend she was married and it says this on her FB profile.
    -A week after this she moved to my office however I had made a decision to move on believing she was married.
    -She continued to show signs of interest which factually can only defined as direct lacking subtlety I did not draw her on but applied minimal conversation only when she spoke to me.
    -I moved offices 4 months after in April upon which time she was asking close friends about me -My close friend asked what I thought of her to which I replied honestly "she is beautiful and seems to have a lovely personality"
    -My friend reported this back which was greeted with big smiles and blushes she changed the subject of the conversation.
    -My friend has known her for some years and advised this was out of character for her and was as if she did not have much male attention.
    -She asked in private about the reaction to which the lady in question stated she could not understand my reaction as if she herself did not believe she was attractive. She also advised my friend she is single.
    -Fast forward further down the line I was single again at which point her attention seeking behavior continued and I backed off again.
    -Talking with her became awkward as she became short with me.
    -She moved offices to a place where I can't stay in touch so I sent her a request and message on FB. -By now its Nov.
    -She wasn't so I emailed her so I emailed advising if I don't talk by 23rd dec she should have a good Christmas.
    -She waited 5 days and on the 23rd had her "fella" text me to stop sending messages.

Thoughts?

Before the recent interactions, I would have suggested to you to talk to her yourself. See if you could find out for yourself if she was, in fact, married or not. Heck, for all you know maybe your co-worker gave you misinformation, or had her confused with somebody else. Maybe she never was married at all. There's also the possibility the co-worker blatantly lied to you for some reason.

...Or there is the possibility she WAS married then but no longer is. And, of course, there is the possibility she was and still is married. So, you wouldn't know for sure by playing whisper down the lane. You should have just talked to her. Heck, she herself apparently said she was single.....

BUT.... now you tried chatting her up on social media. Did you ask her out in the messages you sent? Or was it more just friendly chatting? Either way, rather than just dealing with it like a mature adult she apparently sends her "fella" to deal with it for her. That or he took it upon himself to do so. Or, heck, maybe even it was just her being too immature to deal with it so she pretended to be some guy asking you to cut it out.

Frankly, who cares which is the case, I think now is the time to leave her in your past. Even if it turns out she is single after all, it shouldn't be THIS difficult to get somebody's attention. If she is unavailable or even just uninterested, she should be mature enough to say so. It sounds like she's led you on in the past and apparently even blatantly told friends to tell you she's single. So, what were you supposed to think from that other than to think she was single and she was interested in you? Don't bother with somebody who plays immature games like that. You need an adult partner, not an overgrown child.

Good luck!

Some people like to just get attention from opposite sex, and once she/he did then they go cold because all they wanted was the ego boost.
    I would suggest not to get involved with people who already have partner.
    You never knew like others said your friend could have given wrong information, but your story reminded me of one of my friend, who flirt with guys makes them think she likes them in special way and when they try to take step further she blocks them off like they are being creep.