+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Crush on imaginary friend?

Crush on imaginary friend?

Hi. I'm 16 and i have an imaginary friend (We have been besties since childhood) she's always there for me when i need her and she's kind and pretty and she cares about me. I'm not lonely in fact i have a lot of friends (although they don't give a crap about me). I also have a girlfriend. Lately i felt like i have a crush on my imaginary friend (you might laugh at me but she's more REAL for me than anyone else ever was). I don't know what to do i feel so guilty, should i break up with my GF? Please help!?

some people would think i'm joking , but Night , i can relate to you ^~^.

Listen , if you love your imaginary friend more than your gf , then you could either break up with your gf , or be just friends with her atleast , no need to feel guilty about it , the heart wants what it wants ^~^

i think you're joking, and we're the subject of your prank.

If you're not joking, then I highly recommend you nip that shit in the bud before your gf leaves you... Let your gf be the subject of your fantasies...

Yeah, I have to admit I was on the fence with this one. This sounded to me like a prank because I would think a 16 year old human person should be old enough not to have an imaginary friend. Not only that, but I don't see how you could have feelings for an imaginary friend. I mean, especially considering he is acknowledging that she's imaginary... in other words, not an actual living, breathing human being. So, I don't really know how to comment on such a thing. All I can say, if this is an honest to God REAL question....

An "imaginary friend" is not a real person. So, obviously you can never have a real relationship with them. I think keeping in touch with your imagination and your inner child is awesome, so I wouldn't judge anybody for that as long as they still also keep a firm grip in reality. So, I wouldn't suggest leaving an actual real life girlfriend if this is the only reason. Since an "imaginary friend" is somebody you create, of course she is going to be every exact ideal of what you think a person SHOULD be. Real life human beings are not perfect. If you expect somebody to live up to an image of perfection you created in your head, you'll never find anybody.

HOWEVER....

What you should seriously explore is whether you are finding yourself drawn to this imaginary vision you have of a perfect woman BECAUSE there are signs you are maybe missing that show that your girlfriend isn't right for you. There is always the possibility that this is sort of your way of coping with issues that maybe you aren't even realizing are there. I'm no mind-reader, so I can't know if there ARE problems in your relationship or not, so I just offer that as food for thought.

For example, if your girlfriend doesn't really treat you well, I could see that resulting in you clinging to this imaginary image of a perfect woman. I could understand sort of disconnecting from reality a little because in that case, subconsciously you know that the relationship is not right for you. That kind of thing can drag up a lot of bad feelings like making a person wonder if they could ever meet the right person, so I could see why it could feel better to instead fall in love with a fantasy rather than reality.

So, you'll have to sort of do some soul searching and figure out why it is you are finding yourself more attached to an idea than to your real life girlfriend. Then maybe you can have a better grasp as to what you should do. Should leave your girlfriend and look for another actual, real, living girlfriend who matches up a little better to this idea you have of what a woman should be? Or, should you realize that your girlfriend IS right for you and that nobody is ever going to be perfect, but you should love her despite AND because of her flaws as well as her good qualities? Only you can really answer that. Good luck.

So deep jester.

I drowned.

LOL! Deep? I don't really consider myself clever enough to be "deep." So, I'm assuming you are just making fun of me for how long my post was. ;-) If you've not noticed before, I can kind of go on and on sometimes. Especially if a topic particularly interests me. And, I don't really know why, but even though I somewhat doubt its veracity, the idea of an adult feeling more in love with an imaginary friend than an actual girlfriend actually intrigues me enough that I was tempted to respond anyway.

Shyzoprenia at its best.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Hey, I mean, I can relate. I used to schizophrenic... but we're okay now.