+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can this long distance relationship have a future?

Can this long distance relationship have a future?

Hi everyone,

I don't know if people post here often but I'll find out.
    I've been in a relationship for 1 year now with a Brazilian girl, and I'm European.
    We have our differences but it's going well. I am 30 and never loved anyone like I love her. This is my first long relationship.

Because I am not a Brazilian resident, I am only allowed to be there 2x 90 days per year + one month that we travel together abroad (she has 1 full time job with 1 month of holidays per year). So basically 7 months out of the 12 we are together.

In the 5 remaining months I go back to Europe, register with a job agency and take any possible min wage job to save money and keep my insurances covered. I am a college graduate, but I can not take short term contracts in my domain. So this is a temporary solution.

We talk about the future, marriage, children.. But I want all of that to happen in a secure environment (Europe), definitely not in Brazil with its social inequality, violence and poverty. She's doing well because she inherited a property, but as a society there's not so much prosperity there. No opportunities for children.

She wants to give Europe a try (in the future) and will visit for the first time (1 month) in june.
    She agreed to study in my country, but that will be 18 months (3 additional visits on my part) from now. If something doesn't work out or she can't adapt to Europe, I'll be forced to either live with her in a 3rd world country or give up my relationship even though I love her.

I can't keep doing crap jobs and waste my education. But it is the only way to go back and those jobs pay 4x more than a normal salary in her country.

The situation is not impossible, but it's hard and there are many If's.
    It can work IF she likes Europe. IF she can pick up the language. IF she doesn't get homesick..

What do you guys think about this?

Hey there tough lad , i'm sure you've had it rough.

People learn from history. That's a fact. And history has it that whoever changed his course of life for a woman , a man , an elephant or a holy cow, has failed.

Youre a graduate ,and you do realize that chainging train stations and taking detours around life for a person who may or may not stick around is really , really not a wise option right there.

NOT TALKING ABOUT THE ACTUAL RELATIONSHIP , talking about ur education.

Speaking of your relationship. I think as grown up adults .you both should should have a proper talk. Let her state her reasons ,you state yours, and find a solution. If it looks grim ,I think breaking it off will be the only option.

And if youre both too attached to each other , someone is bound to give in eitherway ^~^

Long distance is not a problem at all! Read a good post for you!
    https://victoriyaclub.com/about-online-dating/long-distance-relationships/