+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused

confused

Hi im 37 and my ex is 30 in may.we broke up 3 months ago and have been together 7 years.rarely argued.broke up because I had to move away for 6 months due to family and broke up on a good note both crying and hugging. During the last 3 months we have had minimal contact which was from her!!! Every few weeks I would get into contact with her to see how she was and always got short answers back and struggled to keep the conversation going.it was like she had no interest in me or had maybe moved on so the contact was getting less and less. To me it was what she wanted and almost felt I was being forced to not contact her as she made it very hard.last week I tried contact yet again after I was struggling not speakingto her.all our mutual friends couldnt understand why she was like it but anyway I got the usual one word answers sodecided to leave her to it.christmas come and I went back home and didnt bother to make contact.when I returned to where I moved to I got a nasty text to say "after all we have been thru you could have phoned and popped in to see me".I have been back 3 times before and she knew I was there as we was texting and she never said about meeting up so this time thought I wont make contact cus she isnt interested.she said she now dont want anything to do with me and that it was me who went nc with her!! What is that all about? I even phoned her 2 months ago and said that she was being quiet with me and should I delete her number for her sake and she said no and she will make more effort.the effort never came.i phoned her texted her begged her to sort it but she wouldnt answer.

- - - Updated - - -

I sent her all last 3 months text proving Imade contact all the time and phone calls but no reply.she never initiated contact at all and i told her it was a misunderstanding how she thought i stopped contact and i thought it was her.....which it was and now she put on facebook a quote"steer clear of people who wont admit there own mistakes and try to blame you for them" I was shocked and gutted.what planet is she on? And she hasnt blocked me on facebook but told me she wants 2017 without me in it. Any help is great

Hi Johnttt

very sorry for what's happening to you. , it seems your ex was hesitating of continuying the relationship during the time you were geographically separated... In one hand, she didn't make any effort for the relationship to continue, and in the other hand, she didn't clearly expressed it was over.
    Finally, the fact you didn't contact her the last time you came back became her official reason to break up.
    If I were you, I would write her a long message explaining why you didn't contact her when you got back, and telling your uncomprehension regarding to her own behavior.
    Maybe it could bring you a little bit of relief in just expressing yourself and your point of view...
    Hope it helps...

Thankyou for your answer.yes ive done all of that and still no response.she must know that its her im guessing its a twisted game she is playing to see if I will still run to her which is what I done whilst begging and trying to prove to her that it was a misunderstanding.shes playing a mind game im sure.its just hard when only a month ago during a converstion we had when I phoned her to ask if she wants me to stay away we talked about marriage and allsorts.the phone conversation ended on really good terms when I asked her to please stay in touch as she hadnt contacted me for a month and she promised she would stay in contact...but didn't ...she was very keen but we both agreed to wait until I was back.very strange ...I think she will make contact if I stay away for a bit but thankyou for your answer

Ok Johnttt, well... until then, I wish you not to focus too much on it, and wish you the best anyway, with or without her.

thankyou

Thankyou very much I will do my best

hello

i am very sorry for that it was so sad