+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Waitng time after asking someone out...

Waitng time after asking someone out...

I've fallen for a girl. Luckily we both know we like each other through our friends. However when it comes to nights out, we tend to just play it cool as we've never dated or anything.

I overheard from her cousin that she wanted to come to the same New Years party as me, solely on the premise that I'd be there. Despite liking her a lot, I wasn't too determined to make a move on her, just enjoy the night with our friends. We went out smoking together and had a few good drunk conversations.

I kissed her on the cheek at countdown, and after that, a lot of eye contact was exchanged between us. She smiled when I did look over... so I thought things went well!

Cut to three days later, I messaged her on facebook... just telling her how nice it was to see her on New Years and asked her what she was doing at the weekend. She replied quite fast, saying she had a good night too. She was staying in this week... she's started a new diet, but did ask what I was up to... I told her if she fancied breaking the diet for a drink to message and she replied back saying she'd let me know.

I'm not taking it as a rejection if she doesn't get back to me, but is it still up to me to ask her out again after? How long do I wait?

My friends are saying the balls in her court now... I shouldn't speak to her again for a couple of weeks after, which seems reasonable. When would you guys recommend I speak to her again? I don't want to appear too creepy! But at the same time, I'd like to know if she is/isn't interested in a date.

Appreciate your thoughts!

Very Romantic she is very interested in you keep it up

How did it go?