+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He cheated on her, and I want her

He cheated on her, and I want her

I've been going to school with this girl for as long as I remember, but we didnt become friends until this year. We talk all the time and we have a great friendship. She also trusts me enough to tell me personal details of her relationship with her boyfriend (dates, anniverseries, and their sexual habits, :p) Well her boyfriend of 2 years apparently cheated on her and is leaving her for a fairly skanky girl. Well over the course of our relationship I have grown attracted to her, but never really gave any thought of it because she was taken, but now shes not.

My plan is to just be there for her and be her friend, and when she starts to hint about dating again I'll move in.

Any advice/opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

if her previous relationship came to an end naturally, go for it.

just be warned, dont let her drone on about her ex - if you want it to work between you two, it has to be about you and her. not her getting over him.

Have you guys got together in the past in a non-friend kind of way? Like hooking up? I know that sometimes when you're friends with a girl for so long, that's all they want from you is a friend. You never know though man, this one may be different.

Did she break up with him because he cheated? Did he break up with her after he cheated? That could matter too. I tried hooking up with a girl who was dumped, and all she did was talk about her stupid EX. I know she still liked him, and all I did was waste my time...

hooking up is non-friendly? lol I would think of it as very friendly, jk. No we have never hooked up or gone a date or anything. We've known of each other for years, but we just became friends this year.

From what I hear he is breaking up with her to be with Skanky McSkank. I'm not sure if she would just talk about him all the time, because she never really said anything along those lines, she would just talk about stuff they do together, going to movies, ice cream shops, sex lol, etc. She has never said anything like "oh he's great because..." or anything along those lines, so my guess is there wasn't really anything too special about the guy. And in fact I knew the guy and he's rather dull.

hooking up is non-friendly? lol I would think of it as very friendly, jk.
    I was hoping you knew what I meant...

I meant have you hooked up with her before like, kiss or get involved with her intimatley? I'm assuming you don't do that with all your friends. Hence me saying non-friend kind of way. I should of said it like that.

I'd hang out with her a few times and talk to her. You know, just feel her out and see if you guys are still clicking. Maybe even more now that she's not attached. Determine how things are going then eventually go in for the kill if things seem to be going well.

lol I was joking, I know exactly what you meant.

No we have never done anything remotly intimate, in fact I don't think we have ever spoken before this year.

lol I was joking, I know exactly what you meant.
    I know you did.