+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Annoyed and hurt

Annoyed and hurt

This is a bit of a vent topic, because I'm still trying to process this.

So, back around May/June, I met this woman. She was absolutely wonderful. Felt like we clicked pretty well. Bit of a slow build up kind of relationship. Lots of friendly flirting at first, evolved to something more after that. Things went well for a while, then she just vanished. She comes back for a few weeks, making up a lie (or was it?) about meeting somebody new, some new guy she wanted to date, that usual story. She said she missed me, she loved me, told me the guy never existed (which I still doubt, to be honest), so we tried again. To my surprise, she then vanished again for good. Now, I'm not stupid. I know what the whole ghosting thing means. I also know that people who leave under the excuse of trying to fix their lives usually have a different meaning there. Last time this happened to me, my ex immediately started dating somebody else, like days after.

I don't fall in love very often, so it annoys me when people aren't honest. I'd rather you just tell me you don't love me anymore, that you found somebody else, instead of patronizing me by telling me you have to find yourself in life. I already find it difficult to open up, so stuff like this justifies my refusal to open up. I hate being tossed out on the side of the road while being told that I'm everything a person could want. Nobody in life would say "You know, I really want to see that new movie, but it's just TOO good." Really, I'm stung more by the immature side stepping than anything else. Nobody deserves that attitude, and it hurts to see it from somebody I thought was better than that.

you are right and preachign to the choir.....
    unfortunately (as you can very well tell by the elections this year and people's conduct there) - that society is GONE. Its unfortunate that our society today rewards BAD behavior, and punishes good behavior. HOw many times have i asked myself, "well.. why should i keep integrity and character when life is so much more fun, easy, and interesting if i become a scoundrel?"

All i can say friend.. is hang in there. It WILL pay off someday (it finally has for me). And believe me.. its worth it and thensome. Plus, when it's all over i will have no regrets, question nothign i've done, and leave in complete peace b/c i know i did ti right and have zero regrets. Most people WON'T be able to say that and regret soemthing on their deathbed that they can't fix.. then float into eternity knowing that. Definitely not how i want to go out.

it's frustarting.. you see all sorts of peopel "get away" with this or "get ahead" doing that. Enh. deep down it leaves a hole and someday they'll feel that hole - and know they can't fix it.

So you just have to ask yourself what's more important to you. Getting ahead (be it careerr or dating/relatinoships) by joining the masses.. or make a deal with yourself that you're going to do what's best for you (since your relatinoship with yourself will be the most important relationship you'll ever have).

Good luck.. and as my brother says.. "you DO YOU"...