+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I stay close to him?

Should I stay close to him?

Me and my ex bf broke up because he didn’t want to do long distance (he had a bad experience before). We were together for only 2 months but I never liked anyone as I did him.

Then some months after I left, his ex got back in town and they dated again. I was sad, but also moved on.

Me and him didn’t speak for 1,5 year, until HE broke the NC out of the blue. I was polite and answered back. He then said he was very happy that I found someone else bc in his words "I deserve happiness more than anyone he knows".

He was still dating that same girl, so I kept some distance though we would text each other sometimes. And eventually we both got single again.
    We now chat a lot, and not rarely, subjects of our past come up. For example, we talk about how great it was, how our first date and first kiss has been the best one for the both of us so far, and such.

And here is the thing: I’ll be back in town in 3 months!

So, the other day I asked him if he’s over his ex, because I'm trying to figure out on what page we are, and he said he’s alright but that it takes time to be over a 3y relationship.

So what’s going on? Am I being used as a confidence booster or does he like me? I don’t wanna get hurt. Should I stay close to him?

no he's being legit and fair. he's doing it right in saying he needs time to get ove his ex- before he can be healthy to start a new relationship and give it its best chance
    stick around.. keep talking.. keep getting closer.. BUT TAKE YOUR TIME on the romance stuff until he's ready. don't get too eager. you don't want to be his REBOUND relationship.
    so keep just a bit of distance but be there. he'll notice.. when he's ready, he'll be there for you.

good luck.