+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how do I get my old threads deleted???

how do I get my old threads deleted???

There's a few older threads I made that I'd like to have deleted. Sent a PM of "loveadmin" but haven't heard back. I don't want these showing up in google searches etc. and I'd really like to have them gone. Is there anyone else in charge that I could message to get this done? Thanks!

You cannot... lots of posters who post here regularly with 1000's of posts have tried to get the admin's help to no avail. For someone to find you they have to know your screen name, and as long as it isn't a email name or a name you used elsewhere shouldn't be a searchable issue for others you know... You could always try sending a message with your email to the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page.

That's ridiculous! Is it at least possible to edit a post here so I can remove the info (a link containing my band name that I don't know why the hell I included) that can trace it back to me?

I know you can edit your own posts. I've never really noticed if there is a time limit on that, though. I love this website.... but it isn't without its flaws. One of those being there really isn't anybody moderating it anymore. I wish they could assign some of us as moderators. Some of us are on here often enough, so if we had moderator capabilities, we could help with things like this.

I'd say go back and see if you can at least just edit it yourself. You should see an Edit button at the bottom of your post near the Reply button. ....Again, though, I don't know if there is a time limit to how long you can edit a post.
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 03-02-17 at 11:16 PM.

I made a post just yesterday or the other day & I looked & now I can no longer Edit it so nothing from years ago can be edited & for that matter even this thread you recently made probably cannot be edited out ~ You'll have to just harass the owner /loveadmin with messages until he gets so tired of you sending stuff he deletes you off the website. Some places you are not allowed to delete accounts & edit remove posts ~ here isn't like that you can do both but you need someone with forum moderation powers to do it for you, you can't do it yourself. Sorry.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

why you want to delete old threads ..?

Know anyone who can hack, ask them to delete your threads otherwise not much will get done about removing them.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

^^ Hahaha on the hack comment.. to be fair it would be the quickest solve.