+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What movie would you like to win Best Picture?

What movie would you like to win Best Picture?

The choices for 2017 are:

BEST PICTURE
    Arrival
    Fences
    Hacksaw Ridge
    Hell or High Water
    Hidden Figures
    La La Land
    Lion
    Manchester by the Sea
    Moonlight

I would say : Lion or Arrival

- - - Updated - - -

Also is there a movie you were shocked wasn't nominated?

I'd say either Arrival or La la Land.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

i think - la la land will win but i think hacksaw ridge should win but they can't stomach mel so that won't happen.

i am shocked silence, snowden or sully didn't make the cut.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Deadpool.

...Was it not nominated?

Five of the Best Picture Choices I either didn't like or found boring to me... and one I haven't seen... so out of what is offered this year I would say La La land will take Best Picture.

As it is, I haven't seen ANY of those movies and haven't even heard of most of them. LOL! Chances are most of them would have little or no interest to me. I'm sure some would, but probably most wouldn't. Seems to be the way with these award shows.

The movies I've seen out of the best picture nominees are ~ Arrival, La La Land & Lion. I'd be happy if any of these won.

I heard fences was boring like watching a play which is what it based off of & no need to make it a movie only to have it come off as a play anyhow & know someone who watched Moonlight & hated it & Manchester by the Sea is over hyped because of Matt Damon producing it and Ben Affleck's brother starring in it.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with Jester ~ Why wasn't Deadpool nominated? Too popular?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I would have preferred Loving over Fences to be one of the Best Picture Nominees.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Deadpool -- I am sure Jester was hoping the same thing but of course not.

Out of the options given this year I would pick Arrival because I saw that one and liked it well enough -- Hell or High Water with Jeff Bridges was okay too.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

I think the musical or the Nicole Kidman movie will take the prize home.

I wish Swiss Army Man or Green Room both 2016 movies were nominated over most that were. Most of those movies are NOT to my taste at all.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

I recently watched Hidden Figures and I really liked the movie, the story and all the actors in it. It was a good one. 9/10 so another good Best Picture choice with the other 2-3 nominated.

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    I agree with Jester ~ Why wasn't Deadpool nominated? Too popular?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jffs24 View Post
    Deadpool -- I am sure Jester was hoping the same thing but of course not.
    LOL! I mean, it's not like I was expecting it would be nominated. Movies like that never get nominated for stuff like that. I guess it makes sense since they aren't meant to be like the next Shakespeare or anything like that. They are just meant to be good, exciting fun. Just like I wouldn't expect a comic book to be recognized in the same way an actual novel would, I don't necessarily expect a comic book movie to be recognized in the same way other types of movies would. A shame, though, because your typical movie go'er is probably a lot more interested in movies like Deadpool than they are in the kinds of movies that win Academy awards.

I think movies that the majority enjoy and see on repeat and are popular/pop culture get ignored for that specific award show. Is unfair but the Oscars seems stuck up.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I have never been a big fan of dumb award shows like that. Don't get me wrong, I get that they are more intended to be awarding for the "art" of cinema, so to speak. So, I get the awards like best picture typically being for movies that are more so serious and not just fun blockbusters. But, if you are supposed to be an award show for movies, I've always felt they should have categories for all types of movies.

They should have categories for horror, and for blockbuster movies and stuff like that. A lot of movie fans go to those kind of movies. They shouldn't be completely ignored for all the more supposedly "powerful and emotional" type of movies that, often times in my personal opinion, wind up being really boring. Certainly, those movies should have their place as well, but so should the movies your typical viewer actually goes to see.

Even Ryan Reynolds star of the movie was promoting it for a Oscar Nomination to no luck. It was a funny, clever, had a message movie but got overlooked.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast