+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guy I'm dating put on facebook a year ago that he has a "laundry list of psycho exes"

Guy I'm dating put on facebook a year ago that he has a "laundry list of psycho exes"

I started dating this guy. I have a bad history with dating. I just seem to always fall for the players and jerks..

I met this guy who Ive been seeing for over a month now and things seem to be going good. Hes a nice guy who actually seems like he's going to give me the love I know I deserve. I can be a bit superficial, but while he's not the "hottest" guy in my book, I love what he offers me and how he's been making me feel. Makes me feel loved and appreciated. My goal is to settle down with a guy and that seems to be in his plans too. He seems like he genuinely cares about me. It's just...different from what I'm used to. Feels like a breath of fresh air in a way. He has a a young daughter, and I have a young son. Our kids already get along well.

One thing rung a bell though. I recently went looking through his facebook pictures (like Im sure many people do when they start dating somebody new) and I was just looking at pictures of him from over the years... Well I saw that he posted in May 2016 a picture of spray-paint on his car and he wrote "Here we have yet another psycho ex to add to my laundry list of them. God only knows why I attract them"

Should I take this as a red flag?

Eh... I guess maybe as a red flag, sure, but not something to worry about too much. At least not just by itself. I mean, I kind of want to lean towards saying that sort of thing really SHOULD have been kept private and not be something he posts all over Facebook for the whole world to see..... but I have to acknowledge the fact that I am kind of old-fashioned in that regard.

These days, that is just what people do. They don't seem to keep everything private anymore. Everything is blasted all over social media for the world to see. So, I wouldn't necessarily worry too much about that, but I do think you should at least be a bit careful. I mean, for one thing, it could have been somewhat in jest on his part. In other words, maybe the "laundry list" of psycho exes was an exaggeration. He could have just been kind of riffing on how he's had a few bad relationships in his past.

So, I guess to sum up my personal thought on the situation...

I wouldn't necessarily say you jump to any conclusions from this that maybe he's yet another creep.... but I do think you at least maybe be a little cautious. Hopefully he will prove to you there is no need for concern. I guess maybe you could also ask about it in passing. He posted it on Facebook, so I don't think it would seem weird/stalkerish if you saw it. So, maybe you just, half-joking, say something like "I saw that post on your Facebook with the spray paint on your car. Do you have a lot of psycho exes, I should know about?" *wink wink*"

Though, I don't know. Maybe better just to not even bring it up. Hopefully some of the others have thoughts on that as well.

Why'd he feel the need to even post the picture or make the comment about it? Makes him look as bad as that ex, it is never so one sided & seems to playing the innocent one, if he has lots of crazy ex's he is the common denominator so he should look at himself too ~ I would think if me one day he'll make a post about me, if you. Red flag, not sure but says something about him, doesn't it?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Yeah, I mean... spray painting something on somebody's car and things like that certainly DO strike me as being pretty psycho.... but if he truly does have a "laundry list of psycho exes" then part of me would wonder if there is a reason for that. Again, though, a little hard to say in my personal opinion because this was just some random comment/Facebook post. I mean, if somebody did something like that to me, I don't think I'd necessarily post it on Facebook, but I may want to take a picture and show some of my friends. Not like it is in a gossipy sort of way, but just it is human nature with something like that to sort of want to see what other people think of the situation as well.

So, again (and maybe this is just my opinion) a red flag, yes, but maybe not a HUGE one. So, I guess just keep your eyes pealed for other red flags and hope that you don't find anyway.