+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The most confusing breakup ever!

The most confusing breakup ever!

So I am 34, she is 21. We worked together for about 9 months. When I first met her she had a b/f, we hung out a few times and I started to really like her. I would write her poetry and cook food and bring to everyone at work but would let her try first. She loved anything I would make. She said no one has ever been so nice to her before. 7 months go by, she breaks up with b/f and we start seeing each other after about 2 weeks from her b/f who she was dating for about 11 months. I was with her for about 1 month before she broke up with me two days ago (right before Valentines Day), awful timing. She said she was falling for me already and had to break up with me because she was getting "Too Happy". WTH. I have never heard of this. She claims she is toxic and always ruins a good thing. She said she plans to move to Florida but doesn't know when. I told her I would go with her, she says no she doesn't want to take me away from anything where I live. I told her that there is nothing for me here. I try everything to make her understand that she is not toxic and only she can change. She still wants to be friends. She says she really cares for me and it's too early to say "I Love You". But I have yet to understand her reasoning. I am lost. Anyone have any insight on this?

this is one of those things where us as men will never understand women. women and men think differently. we as men, will never understand certain parts about women b/c they don't think like us. sorta get it?
    so i always tell people - watch their actions. in this case, when it comes time to committing she pulls away and refuses evey little things from you. This lets you know she will not commit to you and isn't interested in committing to yu (for whatever reason). don't try to figure out why- it'll make your brain explode b/c women "have their reasons".

i'm sorry this happened to you. this happens a lot more than people realize (females doign this to males) but for whatever reason females think this is "ok" to do to other people and justify it to themselves.

let her go.
    she's not even going to be a good friend to you.

sorry this happened.

I second that

Also I highly doubt you've got all the reasons from her
    There is information missing big time.
    And it's not gonna be something you like

Fact is: she is not the person you thought she is

For the next person/girl: pay attention to how she behaves instead of what she says
    Notice who she is as a person and character not what you think she should be or what you would like to see in her.

Your perception of your last relationship was off. Probably a good way off.
    Correct that