+ Follow This Topic

Thread: didn't feel the spark? did our relationship moved too quickly?

didn't feel the spark? did our relationship moved too quickly?

i'm stumped.

I've been seeing this Male for almost 3 months now from social media and things kicked off great. We would see each other on every week on Friday and Sundays 6-7 hours a day. We both confronted each other that we like each other and enjoy each other company. He was throwing mixed signals, i have to say he was to kiss me, held my hand and flirted...As of last week 2 days before valentine day, i woke up with a heart broken text saying "i don't think it will work out". his excuse was that he felt we were in two different place (what does this even mean?). He also mentioned "i just didn't felt that spark"...did he lose intrest because the chase was gone? did we move too quickly?

how do we know?

ask him
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooo! View Post
    how do we know?

ask him
    Lol this is the funny response. Might as well answer to all topics like that.

OP I think people get bored of eachother when meeting twice a week. You did spend good chunk of time together weekly. It gets old fast. Especialy if you were doing the same things. Best yoy could do is give him a break and dont contact him. He might start to miss you. But dont wait too long before moving on.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

im being serious. sometimes you can pretty much guess the reasons
    but with this mount of information...
    we cannot possibly know and its no use guessing wildly

it could be anything.
    maybe the guy doesnt even know himself.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

well, sorry to say this, I know it's very unpleasant to hear, but maybe he just wasn't that much into you..
    At first when you met, he created some image in his head about you and it was all new and exciting, but then as the time went by maybe he didn't feel that deeper connection he was looking for,
    I mean maybe the attraction faded a bit and he saw there wasn't much else left..

Or maybe he just wasn't looking for such serious relationship...
    Or maybe he is scared of commitment..
    Or...

I don't really know, it's just a guess...As Hooo! said we can only be guessing here..

I agree with [MENTION=78360]lovemenot[/MENTION]. Chances are likely he just lost interest. It happens. It sucks when it happens to you, but it does happen. Only he would know the underlying reasons. I disagree that meeting 2x per week would have any influence on his interest in you, or that he got bored because of it. Seeing each other 1-3x per week is normal to begin with, when you're excited to get to know each other. Maybe he found someone else he liked better, maybe he was expecting to feel more with you than he did and didn't want to settle (in his mind), there's no way for us to know for sure. If you can't contact him about it, then just pick yourself up and start to look forward toward other, better things.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Quote Originally Posted by lovemenot View Post
    I don't really know, it's just a guess...As Hooo! said we can only be guessing here..
    which is pretty useless indeed - yep!