+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Age Gap

Age Gap

Here, in Moscow, I have made some friends. Two months ago, my roommate introduced me to her boyfriend's best friend, V. When I first saw him, I felt so interested. I felt like I was falling in love for the first time. I fell hard.

But, there is an issue. He is 34 years old, I'm 22. I know that people say that age gap has nothing to do with how the relationship goes. To be honest, he is very charming and sweet with me. He is kind and he always makes me smile, whenever I meet him. I can't stop thinking about him and he makes it clear that he likes me, too.

We have gone to the cinema once, like friends. The best thing in my life! He was a true gentleman. He makes me melt. But, always, there is that bad devil in me that tells me "maybe, you're too young for him". That's the problem. I don't care about his age, I care about mine. I'm afraid that he will be bored of me easily because I'm still a child for him. I don't know much about life and he surely is more experienced than me. But, I want him so much and he shows that he feels the same.

Also, he's really my type. It's rare to find a dark haired guy here, but he has dark hair and eyes.

What stops me from giving in is my parents. I think that my mom won't bother. But, my father is weird and I'm afraid that he'll make my life miserable if I choose to be with a man much older than me. Also, people are better when it comes to such relationships. What should I do?

I don't judge people in relationships with an age gap. I really admire them.

Should I give in? Should I live it? How will I go through this? I don't know what to do. I need your help.
    Thank you, people.
    Last edited by ivanka; 22-02-17 at 06:17 AM.

What is the age difference between you two? How old are you, OP?
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Quote Originally Posted by melancholia View Post
    What is the age difference between you two? How old are you, OP?
    I'm 22. I didn't mention, my bad.

what do you want?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

im 35 and my ex is almost 22 now we just broke up after 2.5 (we lived in different countrys) years i think we were great together.
    when i was 18 i met an 38 yo woman and was living with her for 5 years
    that were the only 2 relations i felt true love.
    i miss my ex real bad
    good luck with youre desicion.

If you're both of legal age and you understand that there may be a difference in life experience, but you want to pursue a relationship with each other, then go for it.

Despite both of you being legal adults, I do see a problem with the age difference. Oh and I have been trying to contact melancholia via PM but not sure if it is forbidded or does not work.

I haven't received a PM from you, [MENTION=85205]MartinOhm[/MENTION] maybe try again?

I personally think an age gap that large when you are so young is bound to create issues, as there is a huge difference in life experience between you two. However, that's just my opinion and many people do have happy, fulfilling relationships despite a large age gap, so I think it's up to the individual to decide what is best for them. Just be wary of the fact that you may not be on the same page about what you want, and when you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by melancholia View Post
    I haven't received a PM from you, [MENTION=85205]MartinOhm[/MENTION] maybe try again?
    Off-topic, and to not make it more off-topic; would you try sending me a pm and see if I can answer you from it? I keep trying and nothing.