+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he like me? Please help!

Does he like me? Please help!

So I’ve known this guy for about 6 months, we have a similar friends circle. I wouldn’t say he was shy necessarily, but he’s definitely not the centre of attention type and I always found him to be slightly awkward. We meet up on a semi regular basis, but always with other people.

I was out at the weekend with him and our group of friends. He didn’t start speaking to be until we were leaving the initial event we were at, before heading on to a pub, so he’s had quite a few drinks. He was being super flirty, touching, teasing, and joking around. Since then though he hasn’t messaged me or liked any of my posts on social media. We met up for coffee with another friend and he never said anything and hardly spoke to me directly.

I’m wondering if maybe he’s just shy?
    Or maybe he’s just flirty when he’s had a drink? Although I’ve been around him when he’s been drinking before and he’s never been like this.
    Maybe he’s changed his mind?
    Maybe he’s embarrassed because he was a bit drunk?

I do like him and I’m thinking about saying something, but I don’t want to embarrass myself or him!

I’m happy to provide any more info if needed.
    Any thoughts of advice would be very much appreciated!

how can you find out how much he likes you?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Meet for lunch, sober of course. Feel it out. If you've gotten good vibes while partying, no vibes while sobering, then you need to retest sober vibes. If nothing, move on. If a few sober lunches go from "awkward" to laughter and fun talks, you two may have something. But, in my experiences, falling in love while drunk (I love to drink btw), is not a good choice.