+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wot shud i do

Yeah, I always thought that way too, Rosebud. Plus, I'm not very trusting in the beginning of a relationship anyways, if it was such a long distance you have no clue what they are doing when you aren't around lol.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    Yeah, I always thought that way too, Rosebud. Plus, I'm not very trusting in the beginning of a relationship anyways, if it was such a long distance you have no clue what they are doing when you aren't around lol.
    Exactly!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    But seriously, I would not consider it a real "relationship" until after you have met in person a couple of times...
    I agree, msn is BS, and you should at least HEAR someones voice.

I know you guys don't trust people online, and hey, I don't blame you. But its usually a case of a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you give someone your trust, the less likely they are to break it because it means so much to them that you trust them. If you don't trust them, they don't feel like there's anything there to break, and are likely to go out and do something they shouldn't. At least, thats how I feel. LDRs are hard, and I absolutely understand what you mean about wanting to be able to kiss and be with each other. But, when you think about it, the distance is a filter. Through all the communication alone, you're really going to get to know the person for exactly who they are, whether they're smart, funny, faithful, and all that junk. The key to LDRs is always having a light at the end of the tunnel. I know months and months in advance when we're going to see each other, and I already know I'm moving. Anyone who will stick by you and hold out for such a long time to be with you is easily worth all your efforts in my opinion. But, I know its not for everybody. She's been through plenty of shitty relationships, and she's been long ready to find her mate. I've been waiting for such a thing too. Its not for the people who are concerned with the now, its for those who want to know that there is that someone who is willing to go through so much to be with you and you want to be with them for a very long time to come. She's worth all the waiting in the world, and we've been together enough to be nothing but confident and hard-working in our relationship. Just gotta stay positive and try your best, and get all those kisses and hugs at some point anyway.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw puppy love.

e-puppy love. hey!...goes to the neonom thread...

its not just puppy love! *sniffle* its real love!

Aww, don't be sad debunkt! E-puppy love is soooo cute!

So when does my relationship actually get to be valid? Mind you I haven't chatted online with my gf in probably 4 months, we've met several times and I'm due to spend the week of New Years with her, and I plan on moving next May/June. Please tell me, wise ones.

Let me consult with my crystal ball... uh-oh! Well, ummmm.... Oh, nevermind...

j/k debunkt - I'm just messing with you! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Debunkt
    So when does my relationship actually get to be valid? Mind you I haven't chatted online with my gf in probably 4 months, we've met several times and I'm due to spend the week of New Years with her, and I plan on moving next May/June. Please tell me, wise ones.
    Hi...sounds valid to me, but I'm new here. What do i know?
    Sniff first, then scratch.

my crystal ball says you're going too fast and it will be a disaster. but you'll probably do it and/or give it your best shot and at best you'll charge it all to experience. welcome to the world.

Now please pay misombra her $50 consultation fee...
    :-D

Lucy, you got some splainin to doooo. How am I moving too fast? 6+ months ain't exactly a short amount of time. I didn't say I'm moving now, its going to be a good while from now, but it doesn't hurt to plan. Where are you, or so many of us, in life right now that we're so comfortable with just waiting around for things to happen? Life is really what you make of it, and there's no point waiting around for time to "work things out" or whatever else peole tell me. If you want something, and its worth that much to you, then I say you have to be active in you pursuit of it. Is it really that unlikely that I am in love? Or that unlikely that I don't have things planned as well as I think? Its certainly possible, but I think about it a lot and am certainly very aware of my emotions, as well as the tasks at hand in order to make things work out. Its easy to be skeptical, and even easier to be hesitant and scared. But life and relationships are rarely easy, and that applies to people 2000 miles away, as well as those who get to see each other everyday. The less you jump into life, the less you're likely to take away from it. You can get hurt no matter where you are or who you're with, its a chance we all take. Some things are worth the risk. If they don't work out, I'm shit out of luck, and yes, I will have to add it to experience. But for now, there's not much point in giving up, slowing down, or any of that if I'm happy and continue to be happy, is there? I don't really think so. We're both very happy with the way things are going, and thats what relationships are about. I don't expect many people to be absolutely supportive of an LDR, or have any real advice or much to say on it at all, just because it is not common enough for people to have experience in it, especially up to the point that I've gotten. But it's not a big deal. I think as much as ya'll tell me that things won't work, that ya'll would really like it to in the end. We see enough sad stories on her everyday, and there's not much point in trying to bring me down. You can't really, I think. I'm as happy as I've ever been, she is too, and things will continue to work as long as our love and effort allows.

Sorry if I get too defensive. I just think we've all lost a little faith in love.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Debunkt I think things are going great for you and I wish you the best. I don't know if Misombra was talking to you or the original post. I think I even got lost in all the confusion on this thread. But I doubt if anyoen on here will tell you that what you have going is a bad thing because from you said it's not. So don't worry, it's all good and Be happy!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123