+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need advice

I need advice

Dear people,

I need some advice. Last friday my boyfriend broke up with me after a relationship of 2 years. I'm broken.
    He was/is my soulmate. He told me he didn't love me anymore.
    I miss him a lot, and we haven't been in contact with eachother since.
    I don't think I did something wrong, we weren't fighting or something likely, so I can't apoligize for something.
    I do think I had to give him a little more space with his friends.
    Friday he told me he didn't want contact for a while, but I have this feeling I want to try and win him back.
    So can someone give me advice: Shall I get in contact with him, yes or no, so yes; how?

I hope someone can help me.

x

im sorry to hear it.
    Sometimes boys have a problem identifying the feeling of love. We get that mixed up with "having a crush on someone" and think its love. But thats not it. I think love is a feeling that is quite less noticeable (at least it is for me).

I would advise you to know what exactly is going on. Maybe he even already cheated on you - or has someone else.
    Id advise you then (if you still want it) to try everything to win him back. Give 100% until you can no more. And then give it 20% extra.
    If he is still not yours by then and you have given him 120% then he is not worth it. Noone is worth 120% of you.

good luck
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

thank you very much for your advise.
    I asked him if he cheated on my, because 1,5 year back he did cheated on me.
    He told me he didn't.
    When he cheated on me in the past, he also broke up with me.
    By then I was also very broken, and I gave 120% to win him back, and as you know, I did win him back.
    Do you think, because I already gave 120% 1,5 year ago, it's worth the try to do it again?
    I'm so afraid for his reaction.

I can really empathise with your situation. My boyfriend of 1 year broke up with me and told me he wanted space and time to clear his head. He went to vietnam on holiday with his buddies 9 days ago and I haven't heard a thing from him. I don't want to lose him but for me it's getting to the point now where I'm seriously questioning what I'm waiting for. Back in January this year he broke up with me and I fought for him back and he came back.this time I'm trying to love me more and him less.
    I miss him like crazy, and desperate to hear from him. But as every day passes and he remains ignorant and silent on me I realise he doesn't care for me at all. I'm worthy of so much more than he gives.
    I have my goodbye message drafted just waiting for the courage to send it ! When it's over it's over !

It's so hard when u love someone so much and life without them seems impossible to imagine. I'm there with you. Just be true to u and don't forget ur own self worth in all of this. It's not all about him xx

Quote Originally Posted by dutchrose View Post
    I'm so afraid for his reaction.
    at this point
    basically ANY reaction (good or negative) is getting you further.
    Either way: to an end or to a new beginning.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

If he cheated before...