+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie Club Season 7 - Feel Good Movies - Suggest your movie

Movie Club Season 7 - Feel Good Movies - Suggest your movie

Okay, team! It is about that time now. Don't feel like you have to stop discussing our last movie if there is still more you wish to discuss, but time to start thinking of our next movie.

Since the last movie was a little bit of a depressing topic, I thought a nice follow-up would be "feel good movies." They can be dramas, comedies, or any genre really. The idea here is just movies that literally make you feel good after watching them. Uplifting, positive movies. The kind that tug at the heart-strings, but in a happy way unlike our last movie that tugs at them in more of a sad way.

So, please suggest your movies. I'm going to put some thought to it myself and see if I can come up with a suggestion, but I just thought this would be a nice follow-up given our last movie. Also, let me know if anybody has other thoughts, or would prefer we just do the normal vote....

However, I am thinking of doing something a little different this time since A) this is my second time running the round and B) we always seem to have trouble with the voting always ending in ties. So, this time around, I may just pick one of our suggestions rather than have it go through a vote. But, let me know if anybody is opposed to that idea or if anybody maybe has a better idea.

Please feel free to tag anybody I either forgot below or that you think may want to participate.

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=79987]megvoh[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION]

Saw this and decided to log back on and give you mine quick since won't be able to rest of week...

Big
    1988 ‧ Fantasy/Drama film ‧ 2h 10m

Popular Tom Hanks movie.

toss up between two : city slickers or field of dreams. if you have a perference jester you can pick one from those two suggestions of mine.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I suggested this one previously but since your theme is feel good movies I'm picking Pretty In Pink :]
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

[MENTION=69583]richiro[/MENTION] and [MENTION=85121]Hooo![/MENTION] you should come to our movie club too !

I vote Johnny Stecchino (1991) - A kindhearted but bumbling idiot who likes to steal bananas, is passed off for a snitch hiding from the mob.

This is my favorite movie as a kid. Since I was like 8 years old. I find that back then it was very funny and generally movie is light and a real comedy.
    Sure now movies have spoiled us with even more insane funny stuff so this movie might seem really nothing special compared to what came after 1991
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    [MENTION=69583]richiro[/MENTION] and [MENTION=85121]Hooo![/MENTION] you should come to our movie club too !
    thank you but my movie taste is rather weird
    id suggest GTO Series for example
    and im really not that interested in movies.

If you have a heroes of the storm europe club, then id be interested :-)
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

So we heading into our new round? Theme is feel good movies -- gives it a think.

First that came to mind was -- Ant-Man.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Little Miss Sunshine.

- - - Updated - - -
    [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] what about asking PeterSC? I recall him saying he enjoys movies in off topic section and actually acts too.

^ Oh, I loved that movie, topazlight...

You don't have to ask me. LOL! You could tag him if you think he might like to join. I said as much. But, I shall tag him then.
    [MENTION=61741]Peter SC[/MENTION]

If you are interested, you are welcome to join our movie club.

Anybody else have suggestions? I'm hoping for at least a couple more before deciding. I think, given that I'm leaning towards forgoing a vote this time, I will skip making a suggestion myself.
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 20-03-17 at 11:57 PM.

I think the only poster you tagged that hasn't even given a movie yet is megvoh ~ but I don't think she knows this is running yet [hasn't logged in to see ] Idk ~ Maybe if Peter sees this he might give one & that will probably be it.

Do you like idea of any of the movies mentioned so far?
    Last edited by breathe123; 21-03-17 at 01:07 AM.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

No, I hate them all. LOL! I'm kidding, of course. Frankly, all of the movies suggested so far sound great to me. Some of them I've already seen and loved (and would love to see again), some of them I've not seen but would be interested to see. Just wanted to give peeps a little more time for suggestions before deciding.

I am thinking maybe I will plan to decide late this week or early next week. Since I am thinking I'm just going to skip the voting this time (we always seem to have trouble getting an actual winner because we seem to tie so much), we can just start watching/reviewing once we decide on the movie.

Am I late for this?

I'll say Bridesmaids. Sorry guys, lol But that is a feel good movie to me. Super bad is another one.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Thanks all. I think I'm going to make a selection tomorrow... or at least soon this week. If anybody wants to chime in before I do with either further suggestions or if anybody sees a particular movie among the suggestions they'd particularly like to see us feature, let me know.

I'm actually having a really tough time deciding on this one. I should have just gone the vote route even though that seems to always end in a tie for us. I hate having to be the one to decide things for others. LOL!

The problem I think I am having is I don't just want to pick something I like or think I would like, I want to pick something I feel would appeal to everybody.... Yet at the same time I am trying to stick with the "Feel Good Movies" theme. A few of the suggestions we have are great movies (or sound like fun if they are ones I haven't seen) but I just don't know that they are really a "Feel Good Movie" per se. The one that seems to fit that theme most to me happens to be a movie I've already seen and love. I THINK it will have general appeal, but I am not sure if that is just because I love it so much or if it really would generally appeal to most.

But... I guess it really isn't a big deal which movie we pick, so I will just go with my gut on this one and pick....

City Slickers

I LOVE this movie myself, so I am hoping others will as well. Plus, as I said, it was definitely one of the movies suggested that I felt best fit the "feel good" theme.
    [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION]

Thank you for the suggestion! Have you been the leader of a round yet? If not, I nominate you to lead the next round (as long as you are okay with that) since I selected your movie.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S.

... Like I said, I kinda hate being the one to make decisions for others. LOL! So, if, for any reason, people object to that choice, please let me know. I'll post the thread for reviews of this movie maybe Friday or Monday even to give people time if they don't like that choice.

Maybe that is a bit silly, but since this time we didn't vote, I just want to at least make sure most of our participants are okay with that movie. If the majority have no interest I'd rather pick something else. Though I do think City Slickers is one that most people will enjoy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast