+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm in love with someone who thinks of me as a friend? He's giving me mixed signals..

I'm in love with someone who thinks of me as a friend? He's giving me mixed signals..

So basically we were really close friends last year and he had feelings for me but I was completely oblivious. Early this year back in September, he opened up and wanted to go out with me. I told him Id think about it because I didn't wanna ruin our friendship... we didn't talk for like a whole week and during that time he became close with another girl. When I finally realised I was willing to try dating him it was too late because he told me he was going to go out with her and he was sorry. I ended up losing our friendship anyways. We grew apart for a couple months but then reconnected as friends (he was still dating this girl and it had become even more serious). Then one night I did something bad that's kinda irrelevant to the story but he got mad at me and we stopped talking again for a while. Things were just weird and messed up but he never knew I had feelings for him and they only got stronger. Now just recently I told him that I had feelings for him for a long time (but I didn't tell him that I still do). We had really long conversation and we talked almost all night. He is still with his girlfriend, they've been together since September and I think it's going well. I honestly Have really strong feelings for him that I don't think will ever go away unless I get a chance to see where they go. What should I do? Do you think I have a chance? There's lots of details I left out so feel free to ask questions and I'll add on. Thanks!!

Hi there - So you mentioned mixed signals. Apart from the long conversation you had, what other signals are you referring to?
    thanks

Well there's been good ones for example, he always makes an effort to talk to me in person every day, he gets mad if I leave him on read, he calls me hot and says I have the perfect body and he always say I love u in a non serious way but he also calls me his "awesome friend" and says he hopes things work out with his gf.

please take your chance. you have so little.
    if he wants he can say no.
    you dont have to make him cheat.

I have been in the boys shoes and the "friend" confessed this 5 years or so too late.

You have 3 results:
    1) it works out if you tell him
    2) it doesnt work out if you tell him
    3) you never tell him and never know what would have been

waiting is not a (good) option because it will just postpone result 1 or 2

good luck
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

There's no love as true as the love that dies untold. You had a chance when he confessed his feelings for you before. You turned him down and he accepted that and moved on with another person. Now he's still with her, and it's not a good idea to try and jeopardize that, especially if you say things are going well for him. If their relationship ends and you still feel the same way about him, then confess your feelings. But honestly, it seems more like you want what you can't have. You didn't fall for him until he told you he wanted to be with someone else. That's not love.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Quote Originally Posted by melancholia View Post
    There's no love as true as the love that dies untold. You had a chance when he confessed his feelings for you before. You turned him down and he accepted that and moved on with another person. Now he's still with her, and it's not a good idea to try and jeopardize that, especially if you say things are going well for him. If their relationship ends and you still feel the same way about him, then confess your feelings. But honestly, it seems more like you want what you can't have. You didn't fall for him until he told you he wanted to be with someone else. That's not love.
    i strongly disagree

sometimes people are stupid
    sometimes it just takes a while to realize your own feelings or to be sure of what you feel.
    Not everyone is in touch with their emotions on a level where they know what they feel everytime.

And love that dies untold is bitter and sad.
    people make errors. That does not mean they cant fight for a second chance

if they get it is another matter.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Do not take the risk.