+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship Confusion

Relationship Confusion

So a few weeks ago, I started talking to the guy I had a crush on. He was really nice and we had multiple common interests. Six days after we met, he asked me out to date. Unsure what to say, because this is my first relationship, I said yes. So we went and had a good time and everything. The following Monday, he told he to sit with his friends. I was kind of reluctant but I did. The next day, I wanted to sit with my friend, and she was a bit salty regarding my new guy, so he said that she was being immature. On Saturday, I went out with him again. And he kissed me during this date and formally asked me out to which I said yes. There was a one week break for March break (I'm Canadian) and then, at school, he told me my friend was being immature again just because she didn't like him. One week later, he said he loved me. I understand I had a crush on him but we'd only known each for three and a half weeks. And we still barely knew each other because all he'd do is kiss me. I also remember eating with my friend and in the middle of me eating with her, he texted me and said he was feeling depressed because I wasn't with him. This has happened two times. He also follows me everywhere and needs to know everything about my day. Another important point: I expressed the possibility of me being bisexual to him and some of my closest friends yesterday. He confronted me and said he was worried about me leaving him. I said I wouldn't unless I was lesbian. I thought he would be okay but he just frowned and said not to break up with him even if I was lesbian. I don't what to do. Leaving him could ruin my reputation and he also said a lot of people have left him. I think this could progress to an abusive relationship because he's taking things way too fast. There's a bit more to it. He's just really nice in general. Like he'll compliment me a lot and he bought me candy when I was on my period. And he seems relived, almost whenever he sees me. I also have internet friends gets along well with them. Too well, you could say. Like whenever I tell him something, he'll tell them. I don't what that's supposed to do. Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks xx

He's needy and insecure and displaying signs of controlling behavior. You should dump him, because this guy does not sound like good boyfriend material. You even said, you barely know him, and he is showing you some serious red flags. Don't ignore them!
    "Caring is not an advantage."

If you are doing what you are supposed to do
    if you are doing what people expect you to do
    and if you are doing something because it affects your "reputation" then

you should not be worrying about your reputation at all. Because the people who really know you know how superficial you are
    and the rest doesnt matter
    Quote Originally Posted by melancholia View Post
    He's needy and insecure and displaying signs of controlling behavior. You should dump him, because this guy does not sound like good boyfriend material. You even said, you barely know him, and he is showing you some serious red flags. Don't ignore them!
    actually i think it is her thats being insecure and needy of attention and social proof.
    and i dont think shes any "girlfriend material" to be honest.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.