+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Movie Club Season 7 - Review thread - City Slickers

Hey folks. Figured I'd give some kind of review on this while I have a chance. Tried to access here three occasions and couldn't, not sure if others were having a similar issue with site or only myself.

Enjoyed the movie. Huge Billy Crystal fan like some of the rest of you are -- so no way this would rate a dud to me. Parts TBH were boring, slow and wtf they killed a rock star character off in the mid of the movie seems stupid to me -- but Crystals jokes and demeanor and overall good guy won me over through the flaws I encountered. Enjoyed his buddies and their stories too. He faced his pre mid life crisis like a champ and came out on the other side a better happier man.

Favorite Characters -- Mitch, and Curly ( both tied )
    Least favorite characters -- Asshole ranch hand and chick with them and girl who Phil impregnated.
    Rating -- 7/10

On other news in the thread, WTG, dollhouse. Grats on the two items of good news for you. Nice to stumble upon some good positive news on here for one of the members.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot, in reading quickly though the thread to answer Exeter's question. I liked the scene at the start of the movie with the running of the bulls, not sure if they still do this but would like to do something stupid and dangerous like that with my friends and go get shitfaced afterwards.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

[MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION] It is Always a struggle for me to post on here, so definitely a yes from me.

[MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] I have a fear of high heights, so have never skydived or another of the like before because of me fear. So would be nice to conquer that fear with other Gfs who have the same fear and would be nice to maybe go over to New Zealand and skydive over gorgeous scenery.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Forgot to give my congratulations to dollhouse on her engagement. All the best to you both.

Thanks...Exeter, breathe, Jester, Jffs and topaz... for the congratulations on my items of new news Happy but in the back of my mind I am the type that usually waits for the other shoe to drop. *hides all shoes in the world* haha

[MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] ...I'd like to go to a nude beach in whichever country has an abundance of them with myself, partner and other friends and their SO's. Is that weird? I don't want to see others nude but I think any of us who have that hang up about nudity that would cure us all of it in a heartbeat... and a fun story to tell. Haha In a tropical exotic place.

bumping this up since i am the only member on and might be in this section before this gets locked.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

City Slickers is one of my all time favorite movies! It was funny, well scripted, thought provoking, and had characters that seemed very relate-able to real life.
    Some favorite quotes:

Mitch: This guy is not normal. I’m telling you. Did you see his eyes? He’s got crazy eyes. He’s a lunatic. I’m telling you, we are goin into the wilderness being lead by a lunatic. He’s behind me, isn’t he?
    Mitch: Sorry. I didn’t mean anything by that.
    Curly: I crap bigger than you.

Mitch: Hi Curly. Kill anyone today?
    Curly: Day ain’t over yet.

:-)

I love Curly's "crap bigger than you" line too. I SO have to find a way to actually use that on somebody at some point in my life. LOL!

I like the day ain't over yet line because I feel like that some days in my life hehehe
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Yeah, I love that line too. Only problem with that one is you could never use it unless somebody just so happened to set you up for it. LOL! Not really a question people ask you very often.

Giving this a bit of a bump To add : I wish Billy Crystal made more movies.

Here here! I agree with that. Billy Crystal is one of those can't miss type actors for me. Somehow, no matter what movie they are in, I almost always love it. Other can't missers for me include Simon Pegg, Anna Kendrick, and John Cusack. There's probably others I am forgetting, but off the top of my head, those three I find I almost always love no matter the movie.

Bump! Until topaz starts the new season.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Thank you, breathe, for remembering to bump stuff. I always forget. I still think it is such a ridiculous feature to have things auto-locked. Especially after only about a month of inactivity.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123