+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Where's It Going

Where's It Going

Hello,

I met a girl online 5 months ago and for the first month we sort of new about each other but never got talking. One day we played some online games together and from there it started. Since then we got really close: watching movies; talking for hours; playing games together so, inevitably, the topic of trying long distance came about. We only live about 4 hours from each other (which may seem far but it's not really) and I know people who live literally 15 minutes from her so it's not hard to meet her. Anyway, the last month we decided to give it a go as we were pretty much acting like a couple already.

Long distance is really hard, I know that as I'm already feeling the pain of not being able to be "close". We've talked about meeting up which is obviously something I really want to do and will end this if it does not happen. The thing is, I can't tell if she's serious or not. It's a really weird situation, I know she's lonely as she's homeschooled so maybe I'm just being used to pass her time. She tells me she genuinely loves me a lot and I know I like her a lot too (not sure if it's love since I've obviously never met her). I'm skeptical of my own relationship and that's just weird... Sometimes when I talk to her about meeting she's like "it will never happen" because she's so unsure of herself (socially anxious etc.).

You may be wondering if this is really worth it but I feel like it could be. She's 'amazing'. Sounds cheesey or whatever and maybe I'm just a confused teenager but I regard myself as pretty mature for my age.

Really need advice on where you think this is going or if maybe I should just try and confront her.
    Thanks.

P.S. I also talk to girls I know in real life so it's not a case of me being socially anxious and needing something less serious.

This is going nowhere if you dont meet and if you do its going nowhere if you dont move in to live together.

I can say this - meeting in real life with someone you know online takes a jump. It takes decision action and not looking back. Positive thinking. But its worth it. Even if first date sucks what is always been case for me its still worth it. If you are not doing what you are afraid of you are not growing. Also theres always moments in life when you have to do something you are not ready for. Not saying its your problem but girl obviously dont know this stuff.
    Sucsesfull people have something in common - they can take atction while handling uncertainly. I mean they can be not sure about something but they still take action. They can handle more doubt and unknown stuff.
    Sure I understand how she might be afraid to meet if her pictures on FB for example makes her look in better light than she sees herself. Like sometimes you meet these girls and in person they look like completly diferent person. All those effects, filters and makeup and such.
    If you never did you might start having skype video chats to make her feel more comfortable.

When you are young you get attracted to these girls you chat with. later when you get moe mature you tend to prefer real thing and chatting becomes boring and more of way to set up meetings and other bussiness.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Where do you want it to go?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

As I said I thought long and hard about first trying an online relationship. I was very critical of them before and didn't even consider it but when I met the girl in question it became a bit of an exciting idea. Of course I want to meet and if I don't soonish then of course there is no point pursuing it.

I'm only young so I can't make a justified conclusion on where exactly I want it to go and that's extremely difficult in any early stages of a relationship. I guess I just need to give it time and then make a decision.

We can't tell you where this is going. The only person who can do that is this woman. Ask her what she thinks of you two together, and ask her what her expectations are. Go from there and see what she says.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Quote Originally Posted by melancholia View Post
    We can't tell you where this is going. The only person who can do that is this woman. Ask her what she thinks of you two together, and ask her what her expectations are. Go from there and see what she says.
    I suppose you're right, thanks.

I was just thinking the opposite
    Make what you want happen with her

If u like to meet then suggest it
    If u don't then don't

I would do the above but not out of a passive position. I'd ask out of a leading position
    But that means knowing what you want first