+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What you think about this guy?

What you think about this guy?

So I met this guy in Tinder.....I made it clear I was not looking for a hookup, actually when I realized how Tinder worked I closed the account. Anyway we talked for a couple weeks in a friendly way, no flirting just nice and clean conversation.
    Now I have to say I was in his city for a 6 week assignment and I had to go back to my country. He asked me out for drinks and I declined because I had tickets for a show that night.....when he found out I only had a few days left in his country, he asked again for dinner. I'm shy but I went out for dinner, I had no expectations other than making a friend because that's how the conversation had been during those weeks. Long story short after we were done with dinner, he asked if I would like to go to a karaoke, that his friends were there....at the time it was 7:30pm....I met his friends, one of then added me instantly to Facebook, guess she wanted to stalk on me right away haha. So he sang, we danced and when we realize it was almost 2am on weekday! So we left. It had snowed and turned out my rental didn't have the broom so I asked him to lend me his to clean the car and he did it for me. When I approached to give him a hug to say good night he kissed me....we ended up making out for a while and in the end he said I was a really good kisser.
    Anyway we left and he text to see if I made it ok to my hotel and to say good night. Next day he text and said I was fun and if there was another time that it has to be on a weekend....which I agreed.
    Two days after I left....that was a month ago...we have been in touch with casual messages.
    Turns out my company will send me now for a 1 year assignment starting July...so I told him about it. By the way none of us said anything about the kiss or anything....conversation has continued to be friendly.
    For a week I did not hear from him and I didn't want to make contact.....you know if we are friends and I've reached you and you want to maintain the friendship you should reach out too. So all of the sudden he wrote asking how I was and to say the weather was nice. I told him I'll be there for 3 weeks. Next thing he sends me an audio. Saying he was with a friend he had made out before and she wanted to give him kissing advice because he uses too much tongue. He tells her she could have suck on his tongue and she seemed surprised...so he said it seemed Latinas know how to do it because every Latina he has kissed is a great kisser and sucks on his tongue which is hot. So his question was if we latinas were taught that way. After that he text...by the way did I tell you you are a great kisser? After that I just say...I don't know how other women kiss i would have thought sucking the tongue was common but that to me he didn't use too much tongue and there is never too much tongue unless you don't know what to do with it.

So I obviously like the guy.....I've been only in two relationships and have not dated in a long time. He is 33 and I'm 34.

If he knows I'm moving there do you think he could be interested on pursuing a relationship with me? I really thought we were just going to be friends but the kiss threw me off.....and then that all of the sudden he reached with that audio....seems strange or is it just me since I haven't been dating in a long time.

Seems like a nice guy I think you should message him few time a week. He didnt tried to sleep with you on first and second date so clearly hes more interested than sex. I say give it a chance.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

this is a doublethread
    http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/99881-please-guy.html
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

I suggest not to go with that man.

I'd say go for it! He seems kind of care free and nice enough, pretty forward. Maybe just start dating him and see if it snowballs into anything. The not responding for a week thing is a bit of a flag, shows more of a casual interest or maybe he's one to play games. Still though, he might warm up and be a good companion when you both live in the same city.