+ Follow This Topic

Thread: parents never seen happy with the girls

parents never seen happy with the girls

recently met a girl through social circle of friends. she came to my house to meet my parents. we been hanging out 2 xs this week. my parents been haggling me to find a gf and long term relationship and hopefully marriage.
    they met this girl and didnt say they like her or dislike her. well today my dad told me if i dont really like her then dont date her, and another time he said well she might be using me for conversational english and wastng my time. her english isnt that good and she works at a supermarket as cashier. he also previously mentioned how her ford fiesta was cheap and area she resides coq,bc in is cheap apartments he says.
    he previously have said the girls who dated were just using me finacially and be careful but this recent girl we go halves on our dates and shes ok with that. shes very fair ,but now he has an excuse or making assumptions she might be dating me for sole purpose of language english conversation. other times he made assumptions the girls dating me just because of car rides(i pick and drop them off) isnt that what most guys do since some girls i met had no car.

this girl go halves and has her own car but english isnt good so hes making language excuse.

my parents also wanted me to date this other girl but she wasnt really interested in me and i found her unattractive but dad like her since she had a good job. i think if she like me he would make also an excuse oh she ummm just looking for someone to do yoga with lol

Your parents sound judgmental. Maybe wait a bit longer to introduce new women to your parents. If you like her, ignore what they are saying for now and get to know her better. Feel out the situation and see where it goes. Until then, don't bring her around your family because their negativity will bring down the excitement of getting to know a new person.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

It's your life and your decision
    If it bothers you talk with your dad?